Clutch - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-16, 07:26 PM   #1

Default Clutch

Took the car to the garage today to have a new clutch fitted (one I bought from ECP), checked service box using my VIN before I bought the new clutch (see attached) and ordered a clutch kit to go with a DMF.

Got a phone call this evening from the mech and he said the clutch is wrong - I have a single body flywheel!

Are there a batch of 2.0 hdi 110 hatch's out there without the DMF? Or have I been lumped with one that's had a conversion done?
Attached Thumbnails
flywheel.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jimmymarsbar; 03-05-16 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Added Pic
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-16, 07:30 PM   #2

Not that i know of but there were a good few early cars that were swapped to SMF under warranty (using the PSA official conversion kit) due to big problems with DMF on early cars

Last edited by windy1603; 03-05-16 at 08:40 PM. Reason: typo
windy1603 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-16, 07:49 PM   #3

Could explain it. I've got a 52 plate, so it'll be an early-ish RPO.

Would the flywheel be a Peugeot OEM - I guess this would give some sort of indication as to why there's a single in there.

Plus side, it should be a cheaper fix....

Old 03-05-16, 08:45 PM   #4

It's not that much cheaper if i remember correctly, the same as the LUK and other conversions they rip you off with a new clutch plate for conversion kit.

You cannot fit a std 90 clutch as the plate has slightly longer cushion springs and cover has a longer throw but the price is over double the cost of the std 90 clutch kit.

I would get garage to double check part number on cover/plate as if there were SMF conversion kits available they would use a 90 flywheel and clutch to get the customers car back asap. That was why i went down the 90 flywheel route when i converted mine

The PSA conversion kit clutch kit is shown under clutch in service box there is a note on top of page regarding conversion kit
Old 04-05-16, 06:40 AM   #5

Cheers Windy

The RPO of my car is 9528, so using the info on Servicebox, the clutch kit I'd need is part number 205209?

I'd need a conversion-specific clutch kit rather than a standard 90bhp clutch?
Attached Thumbnails
clutch.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-05-16, 07:16 AM   #6

If the conversation was done with proper kit yes if they used 90 parts no. You need to check part no on clutch which is fitted to be 100% however often you can tell by clutch plate if the damper springs are std type (about 1 1/2 " long) it's a 90 kit if they are longer then a conversion kit clutch is needed. If the latter it can sometimes be cheaper to fit a second hand RHY 90 flywheel and normal clutch kit

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-16, 07:22 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy1603 View Post
If the conversation was done with proper kit yes if they used 90 parts no. You need to check part no on clutch which is fitted to be 100% however often you can tell by clutch plate if the damper springs are std type (about 1 1/2 " long) it's a 90 kit if they are longer then a conversion kit clutch is needed. If the latter it can sometimes be cheaper to fit a second hand RHY 90 flywheel and normal clutch kit

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk
Thanks again, much appreicated.

GSF have a conversion-specific kit, so I'll get the mech to have a look at what he's taking off and take it from there.

Old 04-05-16, 08:15 AM   #8

Spoken to the mech, and he seems to think that it hasn't had a conversion done on it....

The single mass flywheel seems in good condition though, so that's a bonus

Old 05-05-16, 03:40 PM   #9

Just picked the car up after (finally) having the clutch replaced, taken it for a spin, and now the car has a bad judder at the biting point when starting off - it only happens under load. It's particularly bad when setting off up hill from standing, I'm giving it nearly 2000rpm and it's close to stalling.

Setting off from standing facing downhill seems to be ok (or at the very least a hell of a lot better).

Took it back to the garage and the mech said that the near side driveshaft needs replacing.

Would this be consistent with what I've described?
Old 05-05-16, 05:30 PM   #10

what clutch is fitted
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in