Peugeot Forums banner

Change a Door

8K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  al3xclarke 
#1 ·
How hard is it to replace the entire door on a 307? Do they bolt straight up or need much adjustment to re-align?Thank you

#3 ·
So... I finally gave this a go.

To remove the door you’ll need to open it (obviously) and then pull the rubber cable cover away from the body of the car. This will reveal the wiring harness where you’ll need to pull the red clip up to disconnect the cables.

Remove the Torx bolt that connects the door spring to the body of the car. From memory this is a T40.

Now support the door. I placed a jack under mine to take the weight and my wife held the door steady.

Pull the clips off the hinge pins and then bash the pins out using a punch and hammer.

The door will now be free!

Installation is the reverse of the above. Make sure you fit the hinge pins correctly as they alternate.

I was replacing my door and it didn’t quite line up correctly after installation. It was catching on the front pillar when opening.

So, to adjust the door simply slacken the 4 hinge bolts (connecting the hinge to the car), position the door and tighten the bolts back up.

You’ll need a 16mm spanner for this.

You can access one of the bolts via a gap in the wing after removing the wheel arch liner (remember, I was replacing the passenger side door). However, to access all 4 bolts you’ll need to remove the wing.

The wing can easily be removed with the door on.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.