car gives on bleep an error on mfd - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By IanML
  • 1 Post By IanML
  • 1 Post By madbadandold

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-18, 03:38 PM   #1

Default car gives on bleep an error on mfd

thank god i got two key's when we bought this car
gave up on the last problem of one remote not working but starting the car
just had to go to Scarborough from Hull on a honda C90 to take the Mr's the spare key as hers will not start the car thank god my key did an she got home
all her key does now is open the the doors when she goes to start the car it turns over but refuses to start
it bleep's once and it display's immobiliser error or some error on the display when you use the other key all normal start's fine no bleeps or anything
any clues ???
RiffRaff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-18, 04:22 PM   #2

If it's the old style key with a separate transponder (small black chip clipped into the housing), and the key has been opened, the chip may have been lost.

Otherwise, the BSI may have lost its memory of that key (not sure if it can forget one key and remember the other), in which case it needs the BSI reprogrammed to accept the key.
RiffRaff likes this.

Last edited by IanML; 02-10-18 at 06:59 PM.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-18, 05:01 PM   #3

thanks for reply
the keys are flick out and 2 button,, as for restting the BSI i'm guessing it has to be done via software and a cable,, or is there another way ???? to be honest i'm thinking about getting a new fob and hoping that my local Peugeot garage/scrapyard has the bits of kit to sort it out,, seen OBD cables on evilbay but then theres the SoftWare an sods law says if i get it all together i will screw it up big time

Old 02-10-18, 06:57 PM   #4

Yes, it will need the Peugeot Planet 2000/Diagbox system - cost 50 or so on eBay, but you need to be a bit techy to make a go of it.

However, I doubt you will need a new keyfob (they are not cheap) - provided the transponder has not gone defective (which is unlikely) the garage/car locksmith with the gear should be able to do the job. Note that both keys have to be included in the exercise - if one is left out it will be deleted from the BSI.
RiffRaff likes this.

Last edited by IanML; 02-10-18 at 07:01 PM.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-18, 08:10 PM   #5

Don't suppose there is anyone near Hull that has the gear to sort this out for us
Old 03-10-18, 06:29 PM   #6

Forum member "trustme" has a shop in Bradford that deals with them and you can post him your old ones for fixing too.
RiffRaff likes this.
madbadandold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in