bsi - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-05-17, 05:01 PM   #1

Default bsi

right need some advice . I have had problems with my bsi . so I brought a second-hand bsi with same codes and sent it to bba reman to check and blank . it came back saying it was fine and has been blanked . so I then paid Peugeot to put the software on it . which they said everything that was meant for the car went on . but I had to buy a new key fob with chip as they couldn't link my old one and since then I have a beep every time I remove my key and when i turn off the engine my interior light comes on so I turn it off and it keeps coming back on . plus my speedo and rev counter goes from saying zero to dropping the needles right down then back to zero . plus my indicator stopped working and when I went to change the bulb it started to work again . Peugeot said its a bsi problem either hardware or software download fault . but bba- reman said the bsi was perfect and didn't need any work apart from virginizing and Peugeot when they started said it was fine . but I have put it on my pp2000 and that said I have instrument panel fault which it can't read and a abs ecu fault not being able to find ecu . what would you guy and girls do
david42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-05-17, 08:18 PM   #2

I dont rate BBA very highly to be honest it would probably have been cheaper and easier to just buy a whole ecu set from another car.

If you have planet why did you get peugeot to fix it you can reprogram a blank BSI yourself.
Old 26-05-17, 07:25 AM   #3

Because it a one shot deal . If I messed it up I would have had to pay to blank it again . But I am thinking that Peugeot hasn't installed it right and know they would need to pay to blank it . Because they say theirs no faults but my planet says I have about 4

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Tapatalk

Old 26-05-17, 03:11 PM   #4

Thats not really accurate about being a 1 shot deal if you have the key codes and the vin number its really quite straightforward and you just work methodically you cant really get it that wrong its just a case of selecting the correct items and functions on the car.

Peugeot probably done a download from their server with slightly different setting so your probably right about that but it may be possible to change it to what it should be.

Peugeot would not get it blanked they would just sell you a new one !!
Old 26-05-17, 03:49 PM   #5

They can't sell me a new one . Because they where discontinued . This is why they told me is to buy a second hand one and send it off to be checked then fixed if needed and then virginized . The car is also so when opening with the remote about 5 second delay .

Old 31-05-17, 08:50 PM   #6

I have tried again with Peugeot because my driver's side light cluster keeps stops working . Like my indicator keeps stopping flashing and if I turn the car off and leave it for a minute it's fine . They are still saying faulty bsi . So called bba-reman and they are going to take it back under warranty. But they did say get Peugeot to get a new one and invoice them . Only problem they stopped selling them

Old 08-06-17, 06:43 AM   #7

i have had to pay another 165 as bba has now said their seem to be a issue with my bsi but they can't seem to fix it . so they said i need to get another one for 165 to them for a unit from them and then another 100 for Peugeot to reprogram it . so all in for this bsi problem its going to cost me 620 . this is the worst car i have ever had . if this don't work . i will burn the thing
Old 08-06-17, 01:01 PM   #8

You have went the worst route possible to fix whatever issue you had thats not the cars fault you are relying on so called experts that are only interested in making money

Whatever issue you had could have been fixed for probably 100 total !

If your BSI was faulty then buying a used ecu set would have got you sorted without even visiting the dealers as they are easy enough to swap and without dealing with BBA who i have bad experiences with and so do many others
Old 08-06-17, 01:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
You have went the worst route possible to fix whatever issue you had thats not the cars fault you are relying on so called experts that are only interested in making money

Whatever issue you had could have been fixed for probably 100 total !

If your BSI was faulty then buying a used ecu set would have got you sorted without even visiting the dealers as they are easy enough to swap and without dealing with BBA who i have bad experiences with and so do many others
I have tried looking every where for a ecu set with key fob and passcode for a 307 2.0 hdi 110 and can't find a complete set . I can find loads of 90's but no complete set for 110's even without passcode
Old 08-06-17, 01:46 PM   #10

Plus whats to say that if I can find one . It could be why they sold it for breaking or breaking it them self and not saying Then I would be in the same boat

Last edited by david42; 08-06-17 at 06:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in