Bloody abs fault!!! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-01-14, 07:47 PM   #1
Inactive User

Smile Bloody abs fault!!!

As some of you may have seen my other thread, you'd of seen that my 307 has an abs fault. After trying all the usual air gap fixes, i put a snap on solus on it and it said o/s/r sensor coherence fault, or o/s/r short to earth or batt +.

The abs fault light has been on solidly for a month now, and I'm thinking that the car has to go if I can't get it sorted soon!!

Having changed the o/s/r sensor and resetting the air gap to no avail and swapping sensors side to side etc, I contacted fellow forum member eccles to use his pp2000 to scan and run some tests.

Time and place arranged for tomorrow, Saturday 25th Jan, today the bloody thing suddenly decides to correct itself!!!! No Light, No Fault, fully functioning abs system and I have tested it under extremely hard braking, just to be sure!!!!
WTF!!!! I cannot believe it!!!

Still gonna go see eccles though and see what he can find out from the abs unit!!!

dan307
307dan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-14, 09:14 AM   #2
buster54

Default Same Here

I had this problem on a previously owned 307 on an 02 plate, but the problem only started AFTER Peugeot re-called the model to upgrade the ABS system. I had the sensor that was showing "faulty" changed 3 times by Peugeot who charged me each time I took it back. Then I read somewhere that the computer upgrade for my car was giving owners everywhere the same problem because the problem wasn't with the sensor but with the upgrade.

Peugeot denied there was anything wrong with the upgrade. They told me that they had put the entire ABS system under test and the problem was with the sensor. I asked them, why then does a newly fitted sensor still show a fault every time, and their answer was " We do not know".

I never did get to cure the problem.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-14, 09:21 AM   #3
Inactive User

Default Same Here

I had this problem on a previously owned 307 on an 02 plate, but the problem only started AFTER Peugeot re-called the model to upgrade the ABS system. I had the sensor that was showing "faulty" changed 3 times by Peugeot who charged me each time I took it back. Then I read somewhere that the computer upgrade for my car was giving owners everywhere the same problem because the problem wasn't with the sensor but with the upgrade.

Peugeot denied there was anything wrong with the upgrade. They told me that they had put the entire ABS system under test and the problem was with the sensor. I asked them, why then does a newly fitted sensor still show a fault every time, and their answer was " We do not know".

buster307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-14, 04:21 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster307 View Post

How did you get it through any future MOT's?? Or did you rid yourself of the car??

307dan
307dan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in