Bleeding coolant system after change waterpump 1.6 HDi 2005 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By monty9120
  • 1 Post By monty9120
  • 1 Post By Gibbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-12-12, 09:41 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Bleeding coolant system after change waterpump 1.6 HDi 2005

where is bleederscrews or knobs to bleed system on my 307 1.6 HDi diesel 2005...i changed waterpump and timingbelt today,and need info on bleeding system for air,and also how to get the Fanbelt?serpentinerbelt back on,cant find any adjusting or the rolling wheel is firm only a bolt in the middle,do i have to loosen up the aircond pump and tilt it or????,never seen anything like this mess...lol...frustrated....
peugeot 307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-12-12, 06:33 PM   #2
Inactive User

Default Bleeding points?????

I found one little plastic bleeder like on airvalves on the tires,its on the upper heaterhose close to the firewall,had to remove some plastic tubes to get to it.... i wonder if it can be another on the head someplace ,i know the gas engine have a little 5mm alienbolt to loosen on the thermostathousing,,...but seems like thisone had small hoses 5mm? going from head someplace and back to resouar..... well thank u to myself here then for the help on this issue...lol
peugeot 307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-13, 01:14 PM   #3

There should be at least two bleed screws.

From the Haynes manual, Haynes says there should be one on the heater matrix outlet hose union on the engine compartment bulkhead, and one on the top of the coolant housing on the left hand end of the cylinder head.

Old 07-07-14, 07:01 PM   #4
Inactive User

Default Bleeder caps

Could someone tell me where i can buy a bleeder screw cap for a 307 SW 2ltr Diesel Estate please. I had a water leak yesterday, and the Blue coloured bleeder cap has split. I can only only find one on ebay if bought together with a Thermostat housing. Like this one:-

PEUGEOT 206.306.307.406 Thermostat Housing+Seal+Bleed Screw Cap -Genuine- 1336R9 | eBay

Edited.....just noticed the cap i'm on about is arrowed on the above picture 21.9a

Regards

Hoffy

Last edited by hoffy14; 07-07-14 at 07:07 PM.
hoffy14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-14, 07:28 PM   #5

i couldnt find a bleed screw on my 1.6 hdi

i turned the heater up to full and run the car up to tempreture with the coolant cap off.

its been fine for 3000 miles
pr1vatepiles and hoffy14 like this.
Old 07-07-14, 07:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffy14 View Post
Could someone tell me where i can buy a bleeder screw cap for a 307 SW 2ltr Diesel Estate please. I had a water leak yesterday, and the Blue coloured bleeder cap has split. I can only only find one on ebay if bought together with a Thermostat housing. Like this one:-

PEUGEOT 206.306.307.406 Thermostat Housing+Seal+Bleed Screw Cap -Genuine- 1336R9 | eBay

Edited.....just noticed the cap i'm on about is arrowed on the above picture 21.9a

Regards

Hoffy
use a wheel tyre cap
hoffy14 likes this.
Old 08-07-14, 03:12 AM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9120 View Post
use a wheel tyre cap
Thanks
Old 08-07-14, 07:45 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffy14 View Post

Regards

Hoffy
The part you require is:

Part Name: WHEEL VALVE PLUG
Part No: 5404 02
Dealer Price: 10p

As Monty says, a tyre valve dust cap will work, but you have to make sure you use the right type. Some are too soft, like these:

adam.007 likes this.
Old 10-07-14, 12:22 PM   #9
Inactive User

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated
Old 18-07-14, 08:10 PM   #10

Hi
I have today done a service on my wife's 307 1.6 hdi I am looking on here to find out how to bleed water system as the pipes on the rad are cold and ho heat on heater. after changing water pump.
Reference your question regarding the aux belt and remembering I am not an expert just a fred in the shed. but I purchase some disc from the bay that cover the pug range and in there they show a special tool that clamps onto the pulleys and when you turn the pulleys they pull the belt on. As i did not have one of these I tightened the tension er on to the engine with the three bolts ann the I got an old shelf bracket marked it and drilled two holes in the bracket I then placed two bolts through the holes such that they fitted over the arm on the adjuster. I then put the belt over two of the pullys and the tool I made over the arm on the tensioner and pulled the tensioner arm back enough to get the belt on and it worked a treat.
Sorry its a bit long winded but it may just help
peteling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in