battery flat and deadlocked - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By L.J
  • 1 Post By trustme

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-06-16, 10:32 PM   #1

Default battery flat and deadlocked

Still have my 2.0 110 HDi I have been forgetting to start it every few days and its been sitting for 3 weeks and on Friday I was going to fire it up and the car would not lock and tried to use the key and would not open the door so I got a long bar and opened the bonnet and removed the battery it was going to get charged but I forgot I lent it out.

I get the charger back tomorrow so am going to leave it for a few hours on charge and put it back in the car so how do I get the door open to so the start up on the bsi? do you think I would be ok to unlock the car with the key then removed the earth and do the bsi reset
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-06-16, 11:34 PM   #2
L.J

If you are lucky when you charge the battery the fob will unlock the doors. If not then you may have to break something to get inside.
I recently had a nightmare with deadlocked doors. If you check my recent post you will see how i resolved it. I however had a window open the whole time so getting in and out of the car was not an issue.
CMax_307 likes this.
L.J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 20-06-16, 07:14 AM   #3

The blade should still unlock that door from outside
CMax_307 likes this.

Old 30-06-16, 06:09 PM   #4

charged the battery and it would not unlock the car so I had the key in the drivers door and thought I would try and see if it would unlock the door and it would not so I put a squirt of wd40 in the door and left it for 10mins went back and still was not moving so I tried abit of force and it popped open so I put some more wd40 and it works fine now I just need to get a new battery for the car
CMax_307 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-06-16, 07:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMax_307 View Post
wd40
I'd add some proper oil to the lock[s] - wd40 and similar might get things moving, but isn't for long term lubrication.
Old 30-06-16, 09:21 PM   #6

Oil in the keyslot is a bad idea. It attracts dirt, which causes wear and eventual failure. Use graphite powder in keyslots. It comes in a "puffer".
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-16, 09:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanML View Post
Oil in the keyslot is a bad idea. It attracts dirt, which causes wear and eventual failure. Use graphite powder in keyslots. It comes in a "puffer".
I would be more worried about rust than dirt

The pins or wafers in the lock can rust and seize causing the key not to go in smooth and preventing it turning

The lock barrel can corrode and seize preventing you from turning the key even if the pins or wafers are fine

When one of the above happens sometimes people try force the key and then snap it in the lock

That said wd40 is about the best thing to try and free a sized lock and is a good idea to flush the lock with it every so ofter. I think this should be part of a car service but no one seems to do it and you don't find out untill it's too late because no one uses key blade these days

Last edited by trustme; 03-07-16 at 09:08 AM.
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-16, 10:05 AM   #8

I understand the graphite powder absorbs moisture and prevents corrosion. I used to have a problem with SAAB locks which froze in winter due to moisture within. Thawed with a heat gun and then treated with graphite powder, the problem never returned in a further 6 years.

WD40 will prevent corrosion, but it leaves a sticky residue which will hold dirt. Graphite powder is an efficient lubricator, and being very slippery, is less likely to hold dirt.

However, short of a scientific study, the relative merits of each must remain a matter of opinion.
IanML is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-16, 12:25 PM   #9

I always use oil never had a frozen lock since having said that i dont lock things much

Oil in the lock before each cold spell and locks will work
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in