Battery charge/electrical supply fault message - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By patspiercing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-12, 06:04 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Battery charge/electrical supply fault message

307 1.6 HDI 2006
Got the above message & noticed the climate went off aswell. I noticed on turning off & restarting that we don`t have a battery warning lamp so I assume the message is a posh way of saying alternator is faulty or could it be something else?

Got the car home OK, but on the way to the local garage the power steering went heavy, dipped beam was going dim, then abs/airbag warning lights came on. Starter now just clicks outside the garage. Hopefully nothing else has been damaged...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-12, 06:58 PM   #2
jmkent

Sounds like battery or alternator have given in... I'd expect this to be the alternator personally... had similar symptoms years back on an old Rover... headlights dimmed but would be OK in daytime... turned out alternator was working, but not enough to recharge under heavy loads.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-12, 09:52 PM   #3
Inactive User

turned out just to be the alternator belt, it was too dam cold, dark & busy to faff around so the village garage sorted it. Had them check for leaks so will get the driveshaft oil seals done next week

Old 08-08-13, 11:48 AM   #4
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianee View Post
Z-Tronix Inc. serves the aerospace, appliance (white goods), automotive, power cord assembly, entertainment, factory automation, industrial (traffic control), lighting, marine, medical, pool & spa, and telecom industries. Our company's growth is based on providing our customers with exceptional service whie maintaing high standards of quality and efficiency.
Sorry what?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-04-19, 07:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukharper View Post
307 1.6 HDI 2006
Got the above message & noticed the climate went off aswell. I noticed on turning off & restarting that we don`t have a battery warning lamp so I assume the message is a posh way of saying alternator is faulty or could it be something else?

Got the car home OK, but on the way to the local garage the power steering went heavy, dipped beam was going dim, then abs/airbag warning lights came on. Starter now just clicks outside the garage. Hopefully nothing else has been damaged...
please i am having the same problem, what did you do to repair this problem u had
zayyanm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-04-19, 11:24 AM   #6

If you read the whole thread he changed the alternator belt. However it could just as easily have been a faulty alternator or battery.
terry57 likes this.
patspiercing is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in