Bad Earth? Dull Headlight..... - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-11, 04:39 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Bad Earth? Dull Headlight.....

Hi,

I have done a search (someone will probably find it now )...

Anyhow I have a 52' 307 HDi and i have dull (looks like half power) offside headlight and offside tail light. I am assuming this will end up being a bad earth? Could someone point me in the direction of the common earthing points?

My horn also has a mind of its own, works then doesn't - doesn't really bother me, but thought it might also be an earth fault?

And I have the usual indicator annoyances - that I can live with

The joys of french motoring!

Thanks for any help!

Karl
KH85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-10-11, 12:54 AM   #2
Inactive User

Hi Karl, Welcome.
Your Horn fault, as you probably may be aware is one of two things, poor connection within the steering wheel itself or a faulty ribbon cable in your comm 2000 unit, i recently had 'airbag fault' in my display accompanied by the light, the horn shares the same ribbon cable within the comm 2000 unit the diagnostics computer read this as going intermittently open circuit, repaired with a new unit from a scrap yard for 40,

As for your headlight fault, it may just be a case of disconnecting all your effected lamps giving all the connectors and lamps brush with a metal scourer, greasing with some conductive grease and replacing and see if the fault is still apparent, as you say it is most likely to be poor conductivity in a connector, i believe that the lamp units dont have a common earth and are fed back through wiring to a larger earthing lead to the battery? so both would be effected, it may also be worthwhile checking the lamps themselves and replacing them with known good ones, just to be sure they havent gone high in resistance for some reason although this is uncommon

Last edited by peugeotpete1; 13-10-11 at 01:05 AM.
peugeotpete1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-10-11, 01:06 AM   #3
Inactive User

Oh and just be aware, with the horn it may go intermittent during an MOT, which will be a fail :S
peugeotpete1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in