Auto Headlights will not Deactivate - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Robflh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-04-19, 03:08 PM   #1

Default Auto Headlights will not Deactivate

Hi Everyone.

I recently acquired a 307SW 2006. I am quite happy with it but as soon as I turn on the ignition the head, rear and instrument panel lights come on but there is no green light on the instrument panel until I start the car.

However, if I put the left indicator lights on, the head, rear and instrument panel lights go off. This only happens during the day.

I do not have an auto button at the end of the indicator stalk, so to deactivate them I have to push the menu button on the audio unit and go to the lighting options.

However, removing the tick from the Automatic Lighting of Headlamps does not turn them off. If I push the OK button and select Status of Functions it shows that the Automatic Lighting of Headlamps has been deactivated.

From what I have read either the BSI needs to be reset or I need to replace/repair the comms unit. Can someone please let me know which one is causing the fault?

Last edited by Robflh; 01-05-19 at 03:51 PM.
Robflh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-04-19, 10:23 PM   #2

You need a replacement COM unit common issue
Old 01-05-19, 04:01 PM   #3

Thanks for the info reliable406 and to the videos uploaded to YouTube, showing how to fit one.

Second hand Comms Unit arrived late yesterday, which I fitted today. The headlights are now working properly.
Gibbo and mooi1uk like this.
Robflh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in