Is anyone able to identify what ECU should be in my car? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-13, 04:28 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Is anyone able to identify what ECU should be in my car?

Ok, I have an ongoing saga with a running issue of my car which I am now thinking it has the incorrect ECU fitted.

Approx 18 months ago prior to my ownership, it had a replacement virginized ECU fitted but as I bought the car as a spares or repair project - I don't know if this car has ever run right since the replacement of the ECU.

According to the company who supplied it (luckily there is a label on the ECU), they advised me that the original was completely dead hence the change but assure me that the ECU they supplied had the exact part numbers as the original.

Peugeot service box part number is 1942PP which after a search is giving me numbers of:

SID 882
5WS40021T
SW9655474580
HW9655041480

The ECU numbers in my car at the moment are:

SID 803
5WS40029R-T
SW9658212380
HW9655041480

I have spoken to my main dealer and they cannot confirm the part numbers only the 1942PP on service box.

I have done a search on the ECU that is in my car and is returning results that it is an ECU for my model of car which confuses me.

The car in question is a 307sw XSi 136bhp RHR engine code, if any of you can help or require more info eg chassis number, build code etc then i'll happily give it.

Any help on this will be gratefully received.

Thanks for reading.
Pan24v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-01-13, 11:29 AM   #2
Inactive User

Is anyone able to help on this please?
Old 13-01-13, 11:36 AM   #3
davidireland

Your dealer is correct. Whats up with your car?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 13-01-13, 01:04 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidireland View Post
Your dealer is correct. Whats up with your car?
Just to give you a bit of background, I started the following thread about a month ago..............

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...g-badly-26335/

Since that thread, I have now got the turbo running which was a failed electro valve but unfortunately due to the wrong oil being used by the previous owner I now have the bottom end in bits as it chewed the bearing shells on No4 crank journal.

But back to the smoking problem, its fuelling is all over the place when cold - it idles lumpy and it smells of unburnt diesel but it all smoothes out once its warmed up and it stops smoking. I notice aswell that the accelerator isn't as responsive as it should be when revving.

No engine management light comes on and there are no fault codes however, when hooked up to PP it won't read the engine ECU on a global test but will read it individually. PP prompts me to fit the correct ECU on a global test.

I'm confused as I don't know what is the correct ECU for my car, if the ECU fitted is the wrong one then that explains a lot - but I need to establish what is the correct ECU before I can go any further.

The dealer can only give me the part number from service box, it doesn't give details on what part numbers are on the label which is what I need.
Old 14-01-13, 10:44 AM   #5
Inactive User

Anyone please?
Old 14-01-13, 11:20 AM   #6
Inactive User

Default hi

hi there i dont know how you would find out what ecu was on the car before but if running lumpy and smokey with no power behind the throttle have you checked out the fuel pump timing or if pump at fault or maybe the injectors are at fault as if starts and runs cant be alot wrong with it as dont think it would even start with wrong ecu on it or maybe call someone out like hometune the one based around the gloucestershire area are shit hot and they do travel national as they tell you whats at fault you buy and they fit then program it all up sure they would get your car running like new
deanonew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-01-13, 01:13 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanonew View Post
hi there i dont know how you would find out what ecu was on the car before but if running lumpy and smokey with no power behind the throttle have you checked out the fuel pump timing or if pump at fault or maybe the injectors are at fault as if starts and runs cant be alot wrong with it as dont think it would even start with wrong ecu on it or maybe call someone out like hometune the one based around the gloucestershire area are shit hot and they do travel national as they tell you whats at fault you buy and they fit then program it all up sure they would get your car running like new
Its only smokey when cold, it accelerates absolutely fine especially now the turbo is fixed - it may have just been me but I felt it wasn't quite right when you blipped the accelerator when stationary?

I am lead to believe that these pumps are not timing dependant? They run off the cam rather than the cam belt so not a case of one or two teeth out?

Injectors if faulty run out of their parameters and flag up on the engine management, granted not always but more often than not which is why i'm thinking wrong ECU.

There are several Siemens variants which makes things all the more confusing, 1942PP which is my part number on Peugeot Service Box comes up with a completely different part number to what is currently on my car - this is courtesy of Bart Ebben in the Netherlands.

I cannot trace what the Peugeot Service Box part number is on my current ECU to prove my findings, although this ecu is for a 136bhp 307 it is a different year to mine - that is as far as I can get in establishing what is the correct ECU for my car.

Other than that, can anyone who owns a 2005 307 sw XSi HDi confirm to me what the part numbers are on your engine ecu please?

Thanks for your reply Deano
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in