antipoution fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-01-12, 06:44 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default antipoution fault

peugeot 307 ,51, 2hdi 90 bhp antipoution fault
i bought this car a 2 weeks ago the only thing wrong with it was the petrol gauge didnt work ,it ran brilliantly for the first week and then i was driving along and it cut out and i tried to start it twice ,wouldnt start so i thought it must be out of diesel so of i went to tesco petrol station with my can come back put the diesel in started first time as normal went back to tescos and put a further 20 diesel in as soon i started it up after puting the 20 in antipoution message displayed and engine management light came on went straigjt home and did some research online and cheap diesel kept comin up so i went and put a further 20 of texaco diesel supreme in lights were still on, i have a freind who had a diagnostic kit it said fuel pump relay malfunction so i went to peugeot and got the relay and bought a manual couldnt find the relay anywhere so went to peugeot and they said that my model doesent have a fuel pump relay and that my freind is using a cheap diagnostic system so its not giving the correct fault , the message and light go off now and again but always comes back on the car still runs brilliantly no loss of power no spluttering no symptons except that when the pollution message and light is on the engine runs on for 5 seconds after i remove the key but when the message and light are off engine cuts out fine when i remove the key, ive heard it could be anthing from a fap,sensors,exhaust fluid,dodgy pump but all this started when i ran out of diesel (if i even ran out of diesel )what i dont want to do is pay peugeot to fix the fault and it just reappear in a couple of days/weeks with the same antipolution message as i read it happens any help would be much appreciated
nattyuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-01-12, 07:52 PM   #2
Inactive User

As I found out from Dave Ireland, the anti=pollution fault on the MFD is generic & could mean anything. The only way to check is to get someone with Planet Peugeot to have a look at the fault codes. A dealer will charge a fortune - look at the map for members on here with it, there will be one close by who wont charge a fortune.

As it only started with the diesel scenario, try changing the fuel filter, they are only a few quid. Before you do, pump the 'bulb' next to it to make sure its rock hard & primed with diesel - Cheers, Neil
Old 31-01-12, 08:34 PM   #3
Inactive User

Default antipollution

hi there im new to all this ive found the map and people close to me what i just pm them see if they will do it for me

Old 31-01-12, 08:48 PM   #4
jmkent

Pretty much.... but you can't send PMs until you've got 20 posts under your belt

Where are you located? and who is close to you?

p.s. for future reference, best only to post your problems in one area of the forums - it will save duplications from everyone
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 31-01-12, 08:58 PM   #5
Inactive User

Default antipollution

hi there im in blackburn lancashire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in