Antipollution Fault - 53 plate 307 SW 2.0 HDi SE 110 - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By davidireland

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-12-11, 09:28 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default Antipollution Fault - 53 plate 307 SW 2.0 HDi SE 110

53 plate 307 SW 2.0 HDi SE 110

I've had this ongoing problem with an antipollution fault and ECU light on my dashboard. The car is in limp mode and after seeing four different mechanics its seems that i need the DPF additive tank refilling and possibly the DPF replacing. some say they can remove the DPF and clean it/jet wash the relevant parts (i cant remember the exact process they keep mentioning).

Last night i took the 307 to a friends mechanic. he said it just needs the additive topping up and thats it. After that if there was still a problem then they can just remove the DPF, clean it out with a overnight parrafin/acid bath and jet wash the rest (meaning the exhaust I guess???).

I spoke to 2 local pug dealers (stockton and darlington)...

Dealer 1: Stockton)
- its 70 + VAT to do the job.
- the additive costs 42 a litre.

The dealer was saying that if the additive tank isnt topped up it will just ruin the filter (GREAT - considering I have driven it 180 miles home, plus 30 miles a day commute to work [three days this week], plus mileage getting it looked at).

Dealer 2: Darlington)
- its around 250+ for the job (i.e including parts and labour). they cant give me an exact price.
- if i want a diagnostic job done then its 78 all inclusive.

These guys are much more friendly and helpful than the first. They said I am better off just getting a proper diagnostic done from them so they can tell me exactly whats wrong. Rather than pay 200 upwards to fill the additive up - only to find that I still have a fault.

What do I do? Get the additive tank filled up, only to find that the filter still needs replacing? I cant find anyone who would remove the DPF/FAP... and i cant get anyone with a PP2000 diagnostic tool to look at it till next weekend.

Someone needs to setup a business just removing particle filters - then could be making serious money.
Advertisement

Old 31-12-11, 09:32 AM   #2

You definitely need the diagnostic first, the fault message is a very generic one. For example, when mine had it, it was a faulty injector.

Find someone on here local to you with Peugeot Planet diagnostic tools before you spend a penny.

I'm surprised dealer 1 is offering to do the job without a diagnostic first - the dealers round here won't touch a car until they've done a diag and charged you 70 for the privilege.
Old 31-12-11, 10:09 AM   #3
davidireland

Don't let any of those four ''mechanics'' near it first off. Its amazing how they know it needs a DPF before even plugging the car in.
Also how do they know off ''depollution system faulty'' that you need DPF fluid especially when the car will specifically say on the screen ''particle addive low'' when it actually becomes low.

Get a diagnostic check done by someone who knows what they are doing and knows these cars inside out.
If you pay peanuts, you will get monkies!!
jmkent likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 31-12-11, 11:30 AM   #4
Inactive User

Default 3 out of 4 used diagnostic tools

dont get me wrong, they have all plugged in diagnostic tools (one was called ethos, another Snap-On Solus, etc).

Only one has said additive (based upon the symptons i gave him)... without looking at it properly. but he did say he gets diesel 407's, 307's and german cars in constantly (to the point that he's sick of the sight of them).

I can get a PP2000 diagnostic done from someone local but he isnt free till next weekend. in that time i will have done 30+ miles a day of commuting so i am concerned about causing more damage to the DPF/FAP.
Old 31-12-11, 11:38 AM   #5
davidireland

how long is the light on? If only a few days and the car is driving ok, i wouldn't worry too much about it.
Old 31-12-11, 12:40 PM   #6
Inactive User

i bought the car xmas weekend. as soon as i got it on the motorway the ecu light and antipol. message came up.

its been like that ever since. two different mechanics ran a diagnostic and reset the light. both times i got about 15 minutes driving before the light/message came back up.
Old 31-12-11, 01:08 PM   #7
jmkent

Could have been like it a long time.... previous owner might well have done the same before the viewing
Old 31-12-11, 02:27 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkent View Post
Could have been like it a long time.... previous owner might well have done the same before the viewing
Yeah, its a mates car - he cant drive (due to a disability) but his wife drove it. she only used it for the local school runs. you can see in the three or four years they owned it the mot recorded mileage go up by 2000, 3500, 4000 miles. They never took it on a motorway and never really went above 40/50mph... his wife wasnt brave enough!
Old 02-01-12, 12:23 AM   #9
Inactive User

Default p1477 or p1447

if i'm getting an antipollution fault and engine man. light...

When the diagnostic tool is connected to the 307 should I see a:

P1477 or a P1447 fault code?

The reason I ask is that I cant quite remember what the actual fault code was, only that the tool said Particulate filter.

After some research it seems that both codes dont seem to say anything DIRECTLY about the Particulate filter/DPF/FAP (or whatever you guys call it):

Site: PEUGEOT CITROEN PSA specific DTC (fault codes) | mavericktechnology.co.uk
Fault Code:
- P1477 Additional fan relay circuit malfunction/EDC15C2-Coolant solenoid valve
- P1447 ELC system closure valve Flow fault/EDC15C2- PEF filter pierced or differential pressure incorrect.

Site: Code Descriptions
- Fault Code: P1447 For EDC15C2; Check for inverted pipe configuration on differential pressure sensor or water ingress.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in