Anti pollution fault issue. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-12-17, 09:48 AM   #1

Default Anti pollution fault issue.

So... I bought a 307 SW 110hp model 3 years ago and nothing much has gone wrong. I had a bulb issue and ended up at an auto electrical place who ran diagnostics and told me that there was an issue with the additive tank. I mentioned that the seller had explained to me that the petrol cap was a non profit replacement and the electrician checked it and said it didn't have the necessary magnets to activate the additive dosing.

So, this hadn't caused any problems in 3 years other than an occasional anti pollution fault appearing which is always cleared by a blast in the motorway. However I ordered a new cap. Sods law, the day before the new cap arrived the anti pollution fault came on and won't go off! I've put a bottle of DPF cleaner in the tank and have driven for 2 x 1hr on motorway at 2500 rpm. Assuming motorway driving is not going to cut it now?

I'm just wondering what my next step should be? Garage and ask them to force regen?

How much am I looking at for fitting of new (or reconditioned?) DPF?

Any thoughts much appreciated.
Matt_B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-12-17, 10:34 AM   #2

The correct filler cap is important, its the only the car knows you've added fuel and to add the DPF fluid into the tank.
First off, where do you live?
Check the planet map on here and get a diagnostics read done with planet, they can then either do a forced regen, which takes about 2 hours, or if past that advise you if the dpf itself needs replacing due to savvier clogging.
I would also get them to run a additive pump check, by removing the additive pipe from top of fuel tank and measuring the amount of additive that comes out, as pipe and pump clog's up if fluid not regularly moving though it.
Old 28-12-17, 11:02 AM   #3

Thank you. I'm in Gateshead, I've not heard of Planet but will check this out. Sounds like this could be complicated!

Old 28-12-17, 11:14 AM   #4

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/

Not complicated as long as all the relevant checks are made on the additive pump and delivery pipe, as no point replacing dpf or doing a regen if no additive is being added.
Fault will just return!
There are 2 fault codes that relate to a clogged dpf, one advises a regen, the other to replace the dpf.
lets hope its the fist one.
Old 28-12-17, 01:59 PM   #5

If DPF is clogged it can be washed out rather than replaced but as above your lack of understanding the importance of the correct cap has got you to this point the system is not all that complicated to be fair lack of knowledge is the most common issue.
Old 28-12-17, 02:09 PM   #6

reliable is the 307 a canister or sealed dpf?
Old 28-12-17, 02:16 PM   #7

Does not really matter all can be washed i have done quite a few including a totally blocked 807 that would not even rev !

Type of DPF will depend on engine and age of car
Old 28-12-17, 02:22 PM   #8

just if its sealed, should really cut open to clean it and weld back up.
not many garages will do this, as time spent is more expensive than to replace.
but defiantly clean it if doing work yourself, for the sake of brick cleaning acid and use of a steam cleaner.
Old 28-12-17, 02:28 PM   #9

Is cleaning the filter something that a garage would offer routinely? Or more likely to advise a replacement? (I probably haven't got the ability to do this myself).

You're right - if I'd known where the switch was I could have avoided this issue most likely. The cap was the one I bought it with and I was told it was fitted by a garage as a lower cost alternative to having a Peugeot replacement - I didn't question it!
Old 28-12-17, 02:42 PM   #10

routine cleaning of the dpf is carried out by the car, but certain parameters need to met.
ability to see fuel cap, engine temp, exhaust temp, engine revs, length of journey ie time for the regen to be completed.
probably more but you get the idea.
that's why if you only do short journeys, you will clog the dpf, so better buying a petrol car.
A mechanic only has to intervene if the car continuously fails to regen the dpf.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in