Anti pollution fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-11-17, 01:38 PM   #1

Default Anti pollution fault

Hi all

This started popping up now and again and I just knock it off on my code reader and all is fine, however now when I knock it off it comes back almost instantly

I can't work out what to look for, tried googling and it seems this fault is a common message for lots of things.

I am led to believe that the 1.4hdi model doesn't have a dpf?? So I tried to have a look at the differential partial pressure sensor behind the battery tray however it doesn't seem to be there, I have attached a photo for you, everywhere I've looked online says that's where it is but unless a previous owner has removed it if that's possible then I don't know ?
Attached Thumbnails
20171117_133013_1510929453884.jpg  
Bajamaniac12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-11-17, 03:23 PM   #2

No dpf so no need for a sensor. What is the code which you keep clearing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 17-11-17, 03:36 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy1603 View Post
No dpf so no need for a sensor. What is the code which you keep clearing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Makes sense, the code is p1160 limp home mode.

Old 17-11-17, 06:25 PM   #4

anti-pollution message is a catch all message telling you you have a engine related fault and the limp mode confirms that but is it in limp mode? By that I mean if you are stationary and with the engine running and you push the throttle to the floor does the eng revs go full scale or does it stop below 3000rpm?
madbadandold is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 17-11-17, 06:31 PM   #5

Really need diagnostic using PP2000 before going anywhere.

Not sure if any help but in this thread here P1160 pointed to the MAF being faulty https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...me-mode-92689/
Old 17-11-17, 07:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbadandold View Post
anti-pollution message is a catch all message telling you you have a engine related fault and the limp mode confirms that but is it in limp mode? By that I mean if you are stationary and with the engine running and you push the throttle to the floor does the eng revs go full scale or does it stop below 3000rpm?
Thanks for the reply, it limits the revs to 3000rpm, I've been trying to find solutions online and people are saying new fuel filter fixed for them, oil change, injector seals etc

I have just done the injector seals, as was chuffing, this p1160 was there before and still there after so clearly not them, I have done oil change recently but not the diesel filter
Old 17-11-17, 07:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry57 View Post
Really need diagnostic using PP2000 before going anywhere.

Not sure if any help but in this thread here P1160 pointed to the MAF being faulty https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...me-mode-92689/
Hi mate, yes I phoned my local peugeot dealership and they wanted 125 plus vat to read the codes and then another 75 to update codes before they can read them? Not paying that and no one local to me has PP unfortunately. I will have a look at the thread you linked
Old 17-11-17, 07:15 PM   #8

You need proper diagnostics antipollution is NOT a fault it means nothing its just telling you what you already know SOMETHING is wrong

Diesels need live data readings not codes to find the real issue.
Old 17-11-17, 07:43 PM   #9

Tried unplugging the MAF as advised in the thread linked above, went real sluggish, plugged it back in and it flew like a rocket for about 5 minutes and then the fault popped up again
Old 17-11-17, 08:26 PM   #10

Peugeot are the worst place to take a car for diagnostics contrary to popular belief they do NOT know best

Messing around unplugging stuff and guessing based on other peoples similar but NOT the same issues is never going to get you anywhere.

Planet delphi or if you are really stuck snap on overpriced rubbish will all read it but you are NOT reading codes you need to look at live data to see where the problem lies
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in