Aircon not working, strange issue. Advice needed. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ultramate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-06-17, 10:04 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default Aircon not working, strange issue. Advice needed.

Hi all,

I have 1.4 HDI and air con is not working i.e. not switching on at all although everything else works just fine. It's just a/c issue.

The climate control display shows as a/c active when clicking button but nothing happens. Mechanics tried to change a/c clutch and also the whole pump but no luck. There was an error for distribution motor in pp2000. I tried activating all a/c components in actuator tests but no sounds for any.

They tested power and it comes through wires to a/c pump when button is switched on and switches off when pressed again, like it should... but pump does nothing. Gas in system are okay. Blower motor for simple air works okay. Heating works.

Today they said that they seen an error with some kind of rotor at fault on passenger's side but I did not see that with my pp2000. Could it be just a flap issue stopping a/c from engaging? Is that even possible? Or is it bsi or something else quirking? Tomorrow I may try BSI reset procedure but I doubt it's that simple fix...

Any ideas? I tried to google about this but no similar threads found anywhere. Thanks in advance.
Ultramate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-06-17, 10:09 PM   #2
Inactive User

UPDATE QUESTION:

Is there a special way how to turn on the A/C in this car like do I need to turn on the RECIRCULATION right before switching on the a/c or what? I just wonder....
Old 14-06-17, 10:34 PM   #3
Inactive User

Another question:

I am now reading about any cars that I can find and some people say it could also be pressure sensor. Is there a way to test it or see if it works/reacts through pp2000? If weekend will be free, I will try to tinker around with this annoying car a bit...

Old 15-06-17, 06:33 AM   #4

Does your main radiator cooling fan work? Aircon will not work if there is a fault with the cooling fan.
Old 29-06-17, 01:44 PM   #5
Inactive User

Yes, it does work when coolant temp goes to like 90+ where usually it sits at around 70 or bit more. Rad switches on itself - tested. BUT, after mechanics tinkered with A/C they found a new error that was not there before and it's a motor for left side, whatever it is...

If I switch on recirculation and keep it on for awhile I can start feeling a slight smell of burning or similar. So, need to check that thing sometime from underneath the panels. I seen instructions somewhere for changing the fan motors with spare parts so that may help a little. See pics attached for errors. ((P.S. I have no idea why radiator fan error is there because it is working.)

Any other ideas? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
dsc_0005.jpg   dsc_0006.jpg  
TazR6 likes this.
Old 29-06-17, 03:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramate View Post
Yes, it does work when coolant temp goes to like 90+ where usually it sits at around 70 or bit more. Rad switches on itself - tested. BUT, after mechanics tinkered with A/C they found a new error that was not there before and it's a motor for left side, whatever it is...

If I switch on recirculation and keep it on for awhile I can start feeling a slight smell of burning or similar. So, need to check that thing sometime from underneath the panels. I seen instructions somewhere for changing the fan motors with spare parts so that may help a little. See pics attached for errors. ((P.S. I have no idea why radiator fan error is there because it is working.)

Any other ideas? Thanks.
Does it work at both speeds? It should be running at it's lowest speed for the Aircon. Full speed is used for cooling when the coolant is too hot.
Old 29-06-17, 03:19 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazR6 View Post
Does it work at both speeds? It should be running at it's lowest speed for the Aircon. Full speed is used for cooling when the coolant is too hot.
I do not know. I have old pp2000 and it does not work well with 307 to test the functions through diagnostics. Since A/C never switches on itself, fan obviously does not start at slower speed either. It may be the fan issue on the left side as error says due to that smell. Will have to get a look at it some day soon.

But hey, you got me thinking.... Those errors for fan.... Maybe there is a problem with some kind of switch that prevents fan switching on when I press the A/C button in the car? But maybe then fan would not work at all, at either speed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in