airbag ecu, permanent fault. seat belt deplyment - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-14, 04:45 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default airbag ecu, permanent fault. seat belt deplyment

hi. iv got a constant fault on my 307 sw, and when connected to pp2000 it comes up saying airbag ecu, permanent fault. seat belt deployment..
now from what i have been trying to research, does that mean my pretensioners have been activated, or would it say that fault? im happy to test the pre tensioners, obviously with it disconnected and powerd down. or does anyone else know where i should be looking? also i have pulled the seat belt and it doesnt sound like ball bearings rattling so personally i have rulled out the pretensioners, but then again i could be wrong.

Many thanks
clambert24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-14, 04:48 PM   #2
Stubbo

On mine when the pretensioners had fired the seatbelts locked in position

Either way you'll need a replacement ECU or send yours off to get the codes erased (obviously after you find and fix the fault)

A pretensioners fired code can't be cleared by planet!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-14, 02:18 PM   #3
Inactive User

ok. so with that then im guessing my pretensioners havnt gone then as they are still free etc. i just dont know where i should be looking now then :-(

Old 02-02-14, 07:42 PM   #4

Have you had the car long ?
If not, was the error showing when you bought the car ?
Is the airbag warning light and / or the EML showing on the dash ?

If there are no warning lights on the dash then it could well be that the car has had a seatbelt deployment and the repairs have been done. It may be that the crash codes have been cleared or a new airbag ecu fitted and the faults you are seeing are old logged errors.

I'm just wondering if all the required repair work has been done but it still needs to be told that the airbag ecu has been replaced using PP2000 which would then allow the old faults to be cleared. I know that crash data in the airbag ecu cannot be cleared with PP2000 but if the ecu has been replaced or had the crash data cleared then it wouldn't flag any warnings on the dash.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-14, 09:25 PM   #5
Inactive User

Hi. No I haven't had the car for long, and I bought it with this fault. It also does say airbag fault on the centre dash console. Just a thaught but iv heard that there is a connector under the seat, could that have been knocked and cause the fault? Could it be as simple as getting the airbag ecu fault cleared?
Old 03-02-14, 09:53 AM   #6
Stubbo

Providing all airbags and seatbelts are ok then yes just get crash data cleared or find a donor ECU (In my experience finding a matched donor was tricky, I just happened to randomly spot one in a scrappy one day!)

A knocked seat wire generally won't cause a pretensioner fired message, the pretensioners are in the seatbelt reels themselves so its all tucked away in the pillar

What you have to be asking is why this fault exists, has the car previously had a bump and had its belts replaced?

As storeman said its quite possible the repairs have been done but they then realised you can't easily clear the crash codes, I drove mine around for 4/5 years in the exact same state until the new MOT rules forced me to get it sorted haha!
Old 03-02-14, 05:34 PM   #7
Inactive User

ok. well thats all good to know. i cannot hear anything obviouse with the seat belts etc. i just cant quite understand when it sais " seat belt deployment". doesnt make sence to me???
i have a feeling the car has previously had a very slight front bump accident because both of the front bumper trim parts are slightly damaged. iv lookied inside the bumper and cannot see any bent metal etc. so can only assume whatever "deployed" must have been fixed but never cleared on the ecu.
so im guessing getting the ecu sorted, and if it comes back then there must be a problem still on the car?
Old 04-02-14, 10:08 PM   #8
Inactive User

Right iv just found something out. iv only just looked at the log book properly which i recieved a couple of weeks ago, and noticed on where it sais special notes, it sais that the car was "substantially repaired and/or accident damaged;identity checked on 13 08 2012". so going by that i assume im safe to say that it had slight frontal damage that got repaired and the fault code never cleared.
so i assume i just need to go through the propper process of disconnecting battery etc to remove it and send it away :-)
Old 05-02-14, 09:25 AM   #9
Stubbo

Yeah same situation as mine then, everything replaced but the codes never wiped from ECU

I disconnected my battery, left it for a good 10 minutes, then left it for 5 minutes extra! Didn't fancy an airbag to the face!

Its always worth noting don't get too hasty when refitting, I was gutted when I plugged everything back in only to find the fault still there, was a good 10 minutes later I realised I forgot to reconnect the passenger airbag switch which also throws a fault! D'oh!

So you must have yourself a cat C or D car on your hands there as well, welcome to the club!
Old 05-02-14, 10:19 AM   #10
Inactive User

Ok, good to know then. I shall try and have a go at that this weekend. I'm unsure about cat c/d then as it doesn't say anything anywhere. It wasn't listed as a cat c/d. Thanks for your help anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in