Air Cond Vent removal / smelly air cond - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By storeman
  • 1 Post By storeman
  • 1 Post By mara-

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-09-17, 04:49 AM   #1

Default Air Cond Vent removal / smelly air cond

HI - what's the tip for removing the dash air cond vents? I can see a heap of insulate stuck behind that's obv come loose and I'd like to give them a clean.

As well, the air when I first start it is a little manky, any ideas on how to remove?

2005 T5 307 1.6HDi XS cheers
Refstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-09-17, 09:13 AM   #2

Have you replaced the pollen filter?
madbadandold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-09-17, 09:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbadandold View Post
Have you replaced the pollen filter?
No, where’s that located? Is it easy to do?

Old 26-09-17, 06:20 AM   #4

Pollen filter is under the bonnet behind the sound deadening on the bulkhead. It's on the left as you look into the engine bay from the front. Can be a pain to change as ther's not a lot of room and the cover is usually very tight to pull off.

You can buy air con sanitizers which work reasonably well. Follow the instructions on the packet and the aircon system does smell a lot sweeter afterwards.
Refstar likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-09-17, 12:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
Pollen filter is under the bonnet behind the sound deadening on the bulkhead. It's on the left as you look into the engine bay from the front. Can be a pain to change as ther's not a lot of room and the cover is usually very tight to pull off.

You can buy air con sanitizers which work reasonably well. Follow the instructions on the packet and the aircon system does smell a lot sweeter afterwards.
Cheers - any ides re: how to remove the air vents?
Old 27-09-17, 01:28 PM   #6

Outside vent - pry off the surround trim using something like the plastic tools they sell for opening phone cases. They are really tight and awkward to remove. The centre ones need the centre console surrounds removing if memory serves me right.

Remove the gearstick gaiter with it's trim first. I think there are a few screws to remove then you can pull the bottom half of the trim away. This then allws you to get to the screws holding the top half of the centre trim in place. remove these and you can gently lift the remaining trim in place allowing access to the vents.

It's about 3 years since I last did this so I may not have it quite right.
Refstar likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-09-17, 01:54 PM   #7

You will not accomplish anything by removing the vents. Bad smell comes from evaporator. To clean evaporator you need to remove the dash.

Not sure about pre-restyle model, but mine 307 has some air resistance measuring model near the gas pedal (maybe on opposite side in England) which can be removed and you can spray some sanitizer trough that hole on to evaporator.
Refstar likes this.
mara- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-17, 03:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mara- View Post
You will not accomplish anything by removing the vents. Bad smell comes from evaporator. To clean evaporator you need to remove the dash.

Not sure about pre-restyle model, but mine 307 has some air resistance measuring model near the gas pedal (maybe on opposite side in England) which can be removed and you can spray some sanitizer trough that hole on to evaporator.
Cheers but I don’t want to remove the vents due to smell, there is insulation tape clogging the inside I want to vacuum out etc.
Old 02-10-17, 08:51 PM   #9

Check out this video. You can see everything you need: https://youtu.be/CAzJ_0afFWI?list=PL...-D7lpedT&t=913
mara- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in