307SW Break 2.0 petrol... Whole hoard of issues... - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-01-14, 10:12 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 307SW Break 2.0 petrol... Whole hoard of issues...

Hey guys,

I hope some folks can shed some light on the multitude of mysteries this car brings on time and time again... I'll try and avoid ranting, but this car has really got me steaming so excuse me if I do.

Bought car new in 2003 or so, had it on a trailer three times during the first year of ownership. Luckily in warranty... don't even remember what they ended up replacing, but the anti-pollution fault has been gone ever since.

So without further ado, here's the list of issues/questions I'd like to get some solutions/answers to.

Issue1: From new, the electronic accelerator pedal has been sluggish. Peugeot kept saying there's nothing wrong with it though. What I mean is that there is a noticable delay between the actuation of the pedal, and the response of the engine. If you rev the engine with just a dash of the pedal, by the time engine will start to spin up, you already have your foot off the pedal. Is this normal?

Issue2: Total and utter lack of power. This car moves lazier then my 1.6litre petrol Renault Laguna, despite being about the same weight and size car. This I think stems partially from Issue1, as the accelerator isn't very snappy, but when the car was newer it would at least get it's ass moving when I floored the pedal. Now even when floored, it accelerates very sluggishly. There were no fault codes, though I suspect a small hole in the exhaust system, as the car did start to develop a bit of a noise. Would that be enough to turn this engine into a lazy sob? What else could cause this?

Issue3: Mileage. This car is a beast... my fuel consumption (urban) is at 14.2 litres/100Km. A 3 litre engine eats less then this beast... And this seems to be getting worse. It's been steadily increasing over the past year (really only noted this problem first when it started to empty the gas tank way too frequently last year, since then consumption rose a full litre at least). Any ideas what this could be?

Issue4: Immobilizer... the goddamn *************
So yesterday I accidentally left the sidelights on in the garage. It drained the battery totally flat. I hooked it on the charger, then after getting enough juice in the battery, when I turned the ignition, the central locking button's led was flashing rapidly. The engine turns over, but there's no spark for sure, and pretty much nothing in the car works as it should, remote doesn't lock/unlock, even the 'service miles' display went berzerk, it shows -0 kilometers...
I read of a few similar issues, and tried to reacquaint the key to the car with pretty much every method I found using google, but no luck (3 minute rule, removed battery lead, reinstalled, ignition on, keep button pressed, then try central locking. tried it with and without turning sidelights on, tried it with doors closed thorugh the window, doors open...).
So at this point, I'm stuck with the car inside the garage, not starting. Is there anything else I could try, or am I stuck getting a trailer to tug it out of the garage and take it to a renault dealer where they'll probably charge me through the nose for fixing a fault that shouldn't even happen in the first place?

Seriously... this car has 68000km on the clock... barely used... and I've had more issues with it then with my Renault Laguna that's 5 years older and had a meeting with a highway fence at high speed (220000 on the clock)! How the bloody hell did the clever people at Peugeot go around and design an immobilizer that'll die if the battery goes flat? I mean... Yeah I'll shut up because I'm steaming like the pile of crap that this car is...

If anyone can provide any help it'd be greatly appreciated...
Thanks
R_Lagoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-01-14, 07:39 AM   #2

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...gnostic-28190/
Old 22-01-14, 08:49 AM   #3
Inactive User

Thanks for the tip, but I'm located in Hungary. Nearest member to me is in Switzerland on that map hehh. The only people I know nearby are the local dealers, but they won't come out to do it on-site I'm fairly certain of that. :\ I'm going to have to get a trailer and take it in I fear... and I'll probably get charged up the nose for having it fixed... even if it's only a half hour job...

Old 22-01-14, 02:11 PM   #4
Inactive User

After visiting both Peugeot dealers in town, I managed to get one of them to send out one of their guys with a laptop tomorrow morning to try and reprogram the immo. Fingers crossed it'll work, otherwise it's time for a towtruck... :\
Old 23-01-14, 10:22 AM   #5
Inactive User

Well the guy from Peugeot just left... it's trailer-time... the BIS forgot -everything- not just the immo codes. Apparently the car needs to be completely reprogrammed... and first snow just came down... going to be fun towing it... :\
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in