307CC - small things not working (windows, electric etc) - need advice on 4 matters - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29-06-16, 01:06 AM   #1
Inactive User

Red face 307CC - small things not working (windows, electric etc) - need advice on 4 matters

Hi, can someone help with 4 probably unrelated matters (all of them did not occur at once, but rather separately):

1. Left and right FRONT only windows are not listening to proper commands. Lets say I push the button down, the window goes up. Then I push down again, it goes down correctly.
Let say I push down, down, down, down, in that case the window will go up, down, up, down (not sure if exactly in strict 50/50 wrong/correct order).

How to fix it? I was told it is not electrical, but mechanical issue with the buttons... REAR windows work correctly.

2. Button in the center console (next to the roof up/down button) that controls all windows at once stopped working. Lost connection somewhere? How to fix it?

3. After I remove car battery (restart ECU etc) my windows are not 100% closing. You know with cabrio 307, when you open your doors the window "drops" a bit and when you close it goes back up. In my case it does not come back up (found rain water inside due to this).
I was told that you need to use windows up button from my question #2, push it up and hold for 10 seconds, that fixes this issue after car battery change. Is it correct? I believe something like that worked for me previous times when I changed battery, but not sure, because I tried it for a few times (or even couple days) till it got fixed. So I can not trace what exactly did it. Advice please

4. Sometimes driver doors do not unlock remotely (you can not hear it click open). And the funny thing is that it does not unlock even when you enter the key and turn. Something broken there? The thing is that more often it opens, so it is not completely broken?

Thanks
pezoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-06-16, 06:46 AM   #2

You need to perform a BSI reset and reset your windows. All documented on here.
Old 29-06-16, 12:36 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
You need to perform a BSI reset and reset your windows. All documented on here.
I assume this is an answer to question #3 of windows not coming fully back up when doors closed?

Isn't removing car battery for longer periods resetting BSI? That is what is causing those windows to act that way in the first place.
And they actually were fixed by me doing that 10 second thing for a few times/couple days. I just have no idea what exactly was that because I did not register when exactly they start working correctly.

Old 29-06-16, 02:09 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezoo View Post
Isn't removing car battery for longer periods resetting BSI?
Not quite.
Peugeot BSi reboot procedure
xmastree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-06-16, 05:35 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmastree View Post
Not quite.
Ok, so:

Why my windows stopped going fully up every time I changed/removed battery?

and

They started working properly without me resetting any BSI (just doing the 10 second up the windows thing etc)?
Old 29-06-16, 05:40 PM   #6

The advice on resetting the window height (hold button for 10sec) is correct.

For the other issues, open up the BSI and the engine compartment fusebox. Look for water/corrosion. Do a thorough clean with electrical switch cleaning spray.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-06-16, 05:55 PM   #7

Sounds like your switch is worn or dirty internally BUT you seem to have more than 1 issue so i would check the wiring where it goes into drivers door from door pillar wiring can get broken here causing strange issues.

Disconnecting the battery ALWAYS upsets the windows in most modern cars.

Holding up for 10 seconds will reset your windows but only if your switch is working correctly.

Water ingress in BSI is also a possibility as above.
Old 29-06-16, 09:54 PM   #8
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanML View Post
The advice on resetting the window height (hold button for 10sec) is correct.
Thanks for confirmation. I was unsure because it seemed that I had to do it for a couple/few times during the longer period to finally set windows straight. So I was not even sure if exactly this 10sec thing was the cause for fixing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanML View Post
For the other issues, open up the BSI and the engine compartment fusebox. Look for water/corrosion. Do a thorough clean with electrical switch cleaning spray.
Do you mean for all the other issues including door lock not unlocking sometimes? Asking since not sure if that is BSI issue the same way as windows buttons
If you confirm that door not unlocking is included in this BSI suggestion, you may be correct, because it would be 3 seemingly separate issues, so one cause (BSI water damaged) would make sense. I mean more odds than 3 separate issues appearing at random, and unrelated.

Thanks
Old 30-06-16, 07:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezoo View Post
Do you mean for all the other issues including door lock not unlocking sometimes?
It is a possibility. So are the suggestions of Reliable406. No-one can be sure in these matters. It is a case of trying what is likely, because of the experiences of others. One has to work methodically through the list.

Last edited by IanML; 30-06-16 at 07:04 AM.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 30-06-16, 03:14 PM   #10
Inactive User

One more problem, after 6 months (long winter ) tried to take down the roof and it stopped in the middle of the process (windows went down, boot/trunk went up, but the roof itself did not start to get down).
On the screen it said "roof mechanics faulty".

Any chance this could also be related to BSI and all the other issues I am having? Maybe some sensor not working etc, because I did not see any mechanical issues with the mechanism.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in