307cc parcel shelf stopping roof from opening - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Uk Subs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-18, 10:42 AM   #1

Default 307cc parcel shelf stopping roof from opening

HI

Have a late model 307cc.

When opening roof the parcel shelf does not fold properly. (Could not find the same problem elsewhere on the forum)

The part nearest the front of the car goes to vertical but the part nearest the rear of the car no longer drops down.

This means the roof then tries to force its way past the part of the shelf that has not folded.

When raising the roof it all folds up fine.

Looked around mechanism and could not see anything obvious wrong.

Any ideas on where the problem might be would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks
Uk Subs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-08-19, 07:17 PM   #2

Default Update

Hi

Just in case it is helpful to anyone else.

Finally got around to getting this looked at.

Took it to the local Peugeot Main Agent who fixed it for 72 labour only - no parts.

This is what they wrote on the invoice:

Rear Parcel Shelf which is two parts does not lock into position resulting in roof catching on trim. Readjusted so that both parts lock into position which is now all ok.
Old 31-08-19, 11:29 AM   #3

Did you not look at the shelf and how it worked then?
madbadandold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 31-08-19, 03:59 PM   #4

HI

Yes I did but the opening and closing of the roof is complex and even now I am not sure exactly what the adjustment would have been.

My entry was made only to potentially help others that might find themselves in a similiar position. It was not one that warranted any kind of mocking response.

Regards
Old 01-09-19, 12:34 PM   #5

You have taken that wrong. It was a genuine question trying to find the reason why in case it was awkward or difficult. Seems you need to realise that the forum responses are to help and find out how things work and are fixed and all questions are there to glean as much info as we can so that we can all help each other!
madbadandold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-19, 03:35 PM   #6

Hi

Appologies for misreading the comment. I can see that you have made a lot of helpful contributions across the site. My error.

In the spirit of providing as much info as possible to help others.

I did look at the parcel shelf and saw that it had a slight bend in it. I thought this was why it was catching so replaced it with a good bend free second hand one but it had exactly the same problem (just slightly catching on the roof as it opened and closed). So the first one became bent because it was catching not the other way round.

It did not appear to me that it was possible to adjust the parcel shelf and I could see nothing of concern from my visual inspection of the rest of the mechanism, so cannot say exactly what the garage did.

The fix must have been easy as it took less than 1hr but beyond that there is nothing useful I can say.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone.

Regards
mooi1uk and madbadandold like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in