307cc - A couple of issues.. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-13, 10:47 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 307cc - A couple of issues..

Hi all - I am new so hello to you all!

I am the proud owner of a 2008 307cc which I love. It has done 80k and served me very well. I am currently having a couple of issues which Peugeot do not seem to be able to get to the bottom of.

I normally have my headlights on auto - saves me doing the work. However, over the last couple of months, normally when using the indicator stalk, they have played up with flashing on and off on the dash. It's happening more frequently now, so I have taken to switching the headlights on rather than auto. They behave fine in this mode. Any ideas? Is it the indicator stalk? What should I look at first?

Also, and I've lost count of the amount of times it has gone into Peugeot for this. The drivers side window. Sticks going down and up, I have to use the switch multiple times. Peugeot have always greased it up and said it's fine now, a month later it goes back to this. On my last visit they said I need a new motor (ridiculous price if my memory serves me correctly). I have noticed also that the glass on the lock side has two firm vertical scratches going all the way down it, which to me says the glass isn't sitting right and therefore is rubbing against something on the way up and then on the way down. I have told them this, but they still say I need a new motor. Wondered what your thoughts are on this?

Last but not least, last couple of weeks I have had some belt noise for the first 5 to 10 mins of running in the morning and then it goes. Decided to get it checked and I'm told the bearing is going in the air compressor and I need a new one. The belt is slipping apparently. I have not had this done yet, but I still hear a belt noise even when I start the car with the air con off? Does this make sense? Any help or advice on the above would really be appreciated x

Thanks,

Amanda
chunky1701 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-13, 05:52 PM   #2
Inactive User

Hi Amanda. Air con compressors are belt driven, so turn all the time the engine is running, so it is quite possible a bearing may need replacement. The compressor has a clutch, which operates when you switch on the air con, and then cycles on/off automatically to compress the refridgerant to meet the demand from the system. If you listen with the the bonnet open, and air con on, you will hear the clutch cycling, and may notice a slight change in engine speed as the clutch kicks and load is applied.....
chrisn7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-13, 08:20 PM   #3
Inactive User

Can you state the first 8 digits of your chassis number on here please and maybe we can help further
MadV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in