307cc boot brake light - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-06-18, 08:40 AM   #1

Default 307cc boot brake light

Hi all,

The led brake boot light (the light strip on the boot or third brake light) on my 2003 307cc is playing up and only one half lights up.

Does the whole unit need to be replaced or is it just a case of replacing bulbs inside it?

Either way, is it easy to get to? Looks like the cover of the boot lid needs to be removed first (from inside).

Regards,

Richard
RichardP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-06-18, 09:49 AM   #2

Hi

I have the 307 hatchback and if yours is the same as mine, the tailgate light can be removed, there are two nuts to undo behind it. Once removed, you'll see a row of bulbs which can be removed one at a time. You may find one or more of the bulbs blown, but more likely they need to be re-seated. Pull one out and gently bend the thin wires outwards and re-seat it. Do the same for all of them.
Old 15-06-18, 09:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janner View Post
Hi

I have the 307 hatchback and if yours is the same as mine, the tailgate light can be removed, there are two nuts to undo behind it. Once removed, you'll see a row of bulbs which can be removed one at a time. You may find one or more of the bulbs blown, but more likely they need to be re-seated. Pull one out and gently bend the thin wires outwards and re-seat it. Do the same for all of them.
Hi Janner,

Thank you so much! That makes sense - it might actually work.

Actually, i've done something similar with the indicator bulb holder on the front headlight - i've bent the connectors outwards a little bit and it sprung back into life.

Will let you know how I get on.

Richard
RichardP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-18, 10:00 AM   #4

Default Janner

Hello. Sorry to highjack this post but I'm trying to get in touch with Janner as I believe he has the Peugeot Planet software and lives in the Plymouth area.
Thanks Jowdak
jowdak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in