307cc blower fan not working - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-13, 04:18 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 307cc blower fan not working

firstly hi to all.
i have read the endless posts on this fault, and followed what the posts tell you about finding the resister.i have now found that the resister is built into the fan motor unit and not built in to the heater housing.
i have stripped out the motor and ran it up with a 12volt battery charger and the motor ran freely but will not run long term(this may be due to the battery charger).
looking at the loom and plugs they all seem to be in good condition with no burn marks burnt wires in fact they all look in a new condition.
i have reconnected the fan unit to its power supply in the car but still the motor will not work with the fan switched on.
i would like to now test the fan motors loom supply which has 2 multi plugs one to the resister unit and one to the motor but i am not sure of how to do this.
i have made a tester using a 12v bulb but i dont seem to get any power down the fan motor loom to make the bulb light.
looking at the wires there are 2 thicker ones 1 red 1 black is the red live and is the black nuteral.
please can someone give some advise of what i should do next
thanks tj
rockin-tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-13, 08:12 AM   #2
Inactive User

Personally I had this issue and I fixed it by purchasing a replacement fan motor & housing from a scrap yard.

I doubt your loom is faulty but I did not even know where to start there except see if power was going to the motor which it was (by using a multi meter / circuit tester).

Anyway purchased a new motor and all is working perfectly.
Old 02-02-13, 10:08 AM   #3
Inactive User

hi thanks for the reply where did you get the motor from
thanks tj

Old 02-02-13, 02:49 PM   #4
Inactive User

Default fan motor blower unit

hi to all
i have just tried the fan unit connected to the cars loom and the fan opperates like it should do.( dont understand )
is this pointing to the resister which is built in th the motor unit playing up anyone got any ideas as im confused
please advise
thanks tj
Old 02-02-13, 02:58 PM   #5
davidireland

Default Re: 307cc blower fan not working

The resistors are usually the only component to give trouble in the 307. Its never the motor.

Sent from my GT-S5690
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in