307 wont start, Transponder code not recognised - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-14, 06:49 AM   #1
Inactive User

Default 307 wont start, Transponder code not recognised

Hi all, im looking for some help here, its a 307 1.6 Rapier petrol.

It Will turn over, wont start, I cant open windows or lock doors etc due to economy mode. Red light on dash lock button is flashing rapid.

I've put brand new battery on and changed both key batteries.

Bought pp2000, bought transponder key code. Plugged in and checked the VIN code and re entered it as it was showing back to front "D's" (sort off) presumably has it had lost all information due to flat battery.

It now shows all the info correctly, Model, Builld code, Vin.

Went through process of entering code for transponder/Key. Entered the code and the screen said "Learnt" then in what appeared to still be the same screen I entered the code again as there was no F1 or F7 button to return. On entering the code again it then says not recognised. I tried several times then it locked me out for 15 mins before I could try again.

I thought that if the battery had become flat and the BSI had just lost its marbles, if it was re started and correct info put back in the old keys would still be coded. Unless of course its had this problem previously and its already had the ECU & BSI swapped over from another car.

If it has had them replaced previously (Other car with other Vin &/or codes etc) What should I try

Whats the best plan of action here, can I just erase it all and start over again.

I hope that makes sense!!! Hope you guys can help before I loose the will to live.
cunningham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-14, 07:38 AM   #2

Was the car working OK before or have you just bought it in this condition?
Old 09-01-14, 07:47 AM   #3
Inactive User

Hi Gibbo,

It was working fine, although I know the battery was almost goosed, it held enough to start it no problem (at this point though I never noticed the economy mode active) but if you left lights on for five mins with no engine it would not have enough to get it going. This happened once, jumped back in and and battery was almost flat, (only tried to start it the once) a couple of mates immediately pushed me to bump start start it and it was fine for weeks after that.

I never did anything about it but just gave car back to Mrs who had been driving for weeks. She Pull up to post a letter then got back in and its never started since.

Old 09-01-14, 08:09 AM   #4
Inactive User

Also just to ask,,,,,I have a Citroen zxara 1.6 petrol, the bis looks identical (had a quick look) not sure if I could swap over the ECU, BSI along with the transponder chip.

If swapped over, presuming these are the same, would I need Lexia or would PP2000 still see the car as a 307?

Just a thought
Old 09-01-14, 08:53 AM   #5
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham View Post
Hi all, im looking for some help here, its a 307 1.6 Rapier petrol.

It Will turn over, wont start, I cant open windows or lock doors etc due to economy mode. Red light on dash lock button is flashing rapid.

I've put brand new battery on and changed both key batteries.

Bought pp2000, bought transponder key code. Plugged in and checked the VIN code and re entered it as it was showing back to front "D's" (sort off) presumably has it had lost all information due to flat battery.

It now shows all the info correctly, Model, Builld code, Vin.

Went through process of entering code for transponder/Key. Entered the code and the screen said "Learnt" then in what appeared to still be the same screen I entered the code again as there was no F1 or F7 button to return. On entering the code again it then says not recognised. I tried several times then it locked me out for 15 mins before I could try again.

I thought that if the battery had become flat and the BSI had just lost its marbles, if it was re started and correct info put back in the old keys would still be coded. Unless of course its had this problem previously and its already had the ECU & BSI swapped over from another car.

If it has had them replaced previously (Other car with other Vin &/or codes etc) What should I try

Whats the best plan of action here, can I just erase it all and start over again.

I hope that makes sense!!! Hope you guys can help before I loose the will to live.
What method in planet did you use to do the key. I found two different places where key learning are, one worked, one didn't.

This is method I have used several times and has worked:

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...new-key-30282/

Is it same way you did?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-14, 09:56 AM   #6
Inactive User

Ive used that method but the menu's are slightly different, I enter the 4 digit code, PP2000 then basically only gives me the option to enter it again, it then says not recognised, pressed enter several more times and it locks the BSI for quarter of an hour
Old 09-01-14, 10:00 AM   #7
Inactive User

Right despite a massive workload that will now need to wait, i'm going to get the ECU, BSI & Key fob from the Citroen. Failing that I have a 12lb sledge hammer.
Old 09-01-14, 10:23 PM   #8
Inactive User

Hi, I've looked at the BSI, tha's the same but ECU is totally different, If i was to buy a set from Breakers, what do I need to make sure I get. As far as I understand, I just need ECU. with BSI. and the transponder chip or complete key.

I also understand it will have a different VIN. number stored, but how do I go about getting the Transponder code should this go pear shaped again. Is it more than likely that the VIN stored on the new ecu/bsi will be original, to allow buying another code.

The only thing I can think is wrong with the ones I have fitted now, is they are not original hence why the VIN number on the car has generated what appears to be an incorrect code, what do you guys think.
Old 09-01-14, 11:22 PM   #9

You'll need BSI , engine ecu and transponder keys , if the donor car has more mileage you'll need the clocks aswell ,
The scrap man is a wealth of knowledge , he will keep you right if you ask his advice ,
Also ask him his returns policy which is usually 10% of the cost ,
If you can get the vin number of the car it comes out of the codes can be got ,
If you replace all parts and the car still doesn't start the problem is elsewhere

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-14, 12:19 PM   #10

You may also be able to get your ecu reprogrammed to be free running eg immobiliser removed or bsi viginised and reprogam with planet. This can often cost less the ecu and bsi etc change

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in