307 sw envy upgrades - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By patspiercing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-17, 05:53 AM   #1

Default 307 sw envy upgrades

Hi was just wondering what sort of things I can do to upgrade the car ie rain n light sensors or climate control and if it's a big job to do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-17, 06:23 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymp View Post
Hi was just wondering what sort of things I can do to upgrade the car ie rain n light sensors or climate control and if it's a big job to do
Light sensors would be fairly easy to do if you can find a sensor as I believe they have been deleted from the spare parts. You would also need to right kind of dash loom. That would be fiddly to fit but not impossible....
britinbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-17, 06:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by britinbe View Post
Light sensors would be fairly easy to do if you can find a sensor as I believe they have been deleted from the spare parts. You would also need to right kind of dash loom. That would be fiddly to fit but not impossible....
Would the loom not already be there for them and would be an eBay job for the sensor unit then

Old 08-11-17, 06:46 AM   #4

there are loads of different looks depending on the configuration of the car. Some of the looms are basic, others have scope for more equipment. You may be luck especially if you have things like an alarm fitted. I had to change mine to allow me to change from an RT3 to a pioneer navi system and retain the central dash display functionality.....I trawled through Servicebox to identify the correct one and it still felt like a lucky guess

I fitted the new loom by threading it next to the original one, it covers the entire underside of the dash and includes connectors for the speakers, glove box light, main dash, central display, head-unit, climate control, ESP, central locking, options, BSI connectors etc etc. I still have scars on my hands from fitting it

Why not try a cruise control upgrade if you are looking for something?
Old 08-11-17, 06:59 AM   #5

Quote:
there are loads of different looks depending on the configuration of the car. Some of the looms are basic, others have scope for more equipment. You may be luck especially if you have things like an alarm fitted. I had to change mine to allow me to change from an RT3 to a pioneer navi system and retain the central dash display functionality.....I trawled through Servicebox to identify the correct one and it still felt like a lucky guess

I fitted the new loom by threading it next to the original one, it covers the entire underside of the dash and includes connectors for the speakers, glove box light, main dash, central display, head-unit, climate control, ESP, central locking, options, BSI connectors etc etc. I still have scars on my hands from fitting it

Why not try a cruise control upgrade if you are looking for something?
Will pull the head lining back at weekend lol and heard fitting cruise it quite hard to
Old 08-11-17, 07:03 AM   #6

remove the central display and have a peek there. if there is a connection, it will be around there
Old 08-11-17, 07:12 AM   #7

Ah, there would also something needed around the rear view mirror, so you'd need to check that loom as well
Old 08-11-17, 07:13 AM   #8

Quote:
remove the central display and have a peek there. if there is a connection, it will be around there
Thanks mate and do they just pop out
Old 08-11-17, 08:15 AM   #9

I would recommend that you fit cruise control first.
It SHOULD be an easy fit, just fit the switch (which just plugs in) and program the BSI.

However, if, like mine, your loom does not have the wiring for it you will have to run an extra wire from the brake light switch to the ECU and another from the brake switch to the BSI. That is assuming that you have the 4 wire brake switch and not the 2 wire one.

It took me over a year to find out all the relevant information and get it working but obviously the information is on the site now so it would be easier for you.

It would give you an indication of how difficult other projects are likely to be.

I would like to fit parking sensors, auto lights and wipers on mine but if the loom is not right it will probably not be worth the effort.
Sicskate likes this.
patspiercing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in