307 SW 1.6 2006 Pollution - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-05-16, 05:57 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 307 SW 1.6 2006 Pollution

Hello All

My stepson has a 307 SW 1.6 HDI with the usual "Anti Pollution" message on the dash.

He has recently had a new turbo fitted, after reading on here, I thought the best way to save him a few quid would be for me to invest in a Lexia 3/Diagbox as most of the mechanics who looked at it cannot do a great deal for him regarding reading or clearing codes with the kit they have.

So anyway, here are the results of using my new Lexia 3/Diagbox (was a real pig to install).

P0422 (Particulate filter, max number reached)
P1351 (Relay supplied and plugs never supplied)
P0234 (Turbo flow too high or intermittent)
P0484 (Cooling function integrated into ECU (fan unit) Open circuit or temperature too high).

I am confused with the last error as his fan is working.

Anyway, after a lot of reading on here, I have decided the first thing to do is deal with the P1351 Glow Plug issue, a local mechanic has quoted 40 labour only to do this (we supply the plugs which will be Bosch from Euro Car Parts).

Reading on here suggests probably the plugs are the root problem as the regen process will not work with this error so best deal with this first, do others think this is best way to deal with all the errors first?

We did also first have P1434 (additive pump open circuit) but sorted this (wires off the pump as it more or less fell off) and after fixing and clearing all codes, this one does not come back on, but the other 4 codes come back after just 20 mins of driving.

After plugs are done, should we also have a go at cleaning the DPF or give it a few days to see if the regen now kicks in and clears the DPF?

Do I need to do anything with Diagbox after the plugs are changed?

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards
Boswell

Last edited by Boswell; 23-05-16 at 06:25 PM.
Boswell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-05-16, 07:09 PM   #2

sounds like a plan

how do you know the fan works?
Old 23-05-16, 07:14 PM   #3
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9120 View Post
sounds like a plan

how do you know the fan works?
Well I am guessing it means the rad cooling fan, and I can hear it running after a run, even when the ignition is switched off, and it eventually stops running when engine cooled down.

Regards
Boswell

Old 23-05-16, 08:29 PM   #4

I've not seen the maximum number reached thing with the DPF. I'm guessing that it means it's gone past a certain number of regens. If this is the case, then I imagine that there would be a way to reset this counter, but I can't say I've seen it on PP.

It may be worthwhile taking the DPF off and giving it a visual once over and a good clean.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-05-16, 08:35 PM   #5

Just had a look on my list of P codes, and the P0422 is supposed to relate to the cat, (efficiency below threshold). So I'd probably take both the cat and dpf off and give them a once over. Some models have a single, integrated cat and DPF, do you'd need to check to see which model you have first
Boswell likes this.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-05-16, 09:48 PM   #6

Looks to me like there are 2 problems. 1 is probably the high speed fan relay or related wiring (you can test that with Planet) and 2 is the glow plugs. Both have to be fully functioning along with several other factors for a regen to work. I would think your DPF is now blocked and is causing back pressure on the turbo, hence the turbo error code.
As suggested, I would physically check the Cat and DPF, easy if it's a split unit, DPF is the lower half. Also check the operating of the high speed fan via Planet.
Glow plugs on the 1.6 are a bit of a pain to do, took me 3 hours, mainly because of access at the back of the engine and the need to remove the EGR pipe. Getting the engine nice and warm first can help, mine came out fairly easy but some can be stubborn and even snap in the head.

After sorting the plugs and fan issue I would try the Italian tune up regen method, good bit of road, constant 60+ in fourth for 20 - 30 minutes. Make sure you have at least 1/4 tank of fuel. Recheck with Planet then report back here Good luck.
Gibbo and Boswell like this.
Eccles is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-05-16, 10:48 AM   #7
Inactive User

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

I was maybe a bit vague with the P0422 error as I forgot the actual wording (and got it slightly wrong), but just remembered I took a screen shot so here is the correct wording.

P0422 Regeneration not completed
Cause Local
Status Permanent fault
Fault characterisation Regeneration request too frequently

Also, the screenshot is enclosed.

Where can I test the fan relay in Diagbox?

Regards
Boswell
Attached Thumbnails
diagbox.jpg  
Old 24-05-16, 11:04 AM   #8

If you already know then sorry, but make sure you have adhered to the post-turbo-replacement oil changes!

The glow plug fault comes on a lot of HDI's, but I think I'm right in saying that on cars with a DPF (as the 1.6 does) glow plugs are needed for a successful regen so that may be part of the problem (ie ECU keeps trying to do a regen but dodgy glow plugs means it can't hence the regen requested too frequently message)
Boswell likes this.
Old 24-05-16, 11:05 AM   #9
Inactive User

Just to add, I just noticed from the screen shot that it shows the engine coolant temperature to be 108'C. (in list of associated variables).

This seems a bit high?

The dash temperature gauge is not showing high and the fan deffo runs.

Regards
Boswell
Old 24-05-16, 11:17 AM   #10

PP can sometimes show odd values (like battery voltage 5V with engine off on mine!, or 0.00V on yours!). I'd watch the coolant temp on live data when you start engine from cold. I'm not sure on the exact sensor arrangement but the ECU might get a different temp reading than the dash - but not sure.
Boswell likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in