307 Rear ABS Sensor Problems ARRRRR!!!!! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-14, 06:52 PM   #1
Inactive User

Angry 307 Rear ABS Sensor Problems ARRRRR!!!!!

Hey All

I'm new to actually writing a thread and have read through hundreds of atical on this fault but here we go.

I have the ABS light on and Stop light flashing on my dash.

Things I've done -

1. Friend has used his snap on diagnostics and found error saying rear ABS sensor fault or open circuit.

2. Replaced the ABS senor twice (fault still active)

3. Checked the gap is about 1mm. (fault still active)

4. Had a friend electrician come and test all the wires running from the sensor (rear) to the ABS unit at the front and all seems good. Wires are all in good condition no faults found.

BUT the ABS light and Stop light are still flashing. I mess round with the sensor and disconnect the batterie and drive 100 yards and all the lights go out but after about a mile of driving it all comes on again ARRRRRR lol.

If I turn off the engine (whist moving) and back on again it all goes off, but after about 1/2 mile its all back on again.

Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Cheers

Ian
bushell3939 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-14, 07:16 PM   #2
pr1vatepiles

Did you clean the plate up properly where the sensor sits? If so going to be a case of checking the wiring for cable breaks.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-14, 07:39 PM   #3
Inactive User

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Haven't had the rear disc off to clean the hub properly cos I'm struggling to get the rear caliper bolts off, but cleaned it best I could.

When my mate checked the wires he said theres a good resistance so doesn't think there is any brakes in the wire.

Any other thoughts?

Cheers

Ian

Old 01-02-14, 07:42 PM   #4
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushell3939 View Post
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Haven't had the rear disc off to clean the hub properly cos I'm struggling to get the rear caliper bolts off, but cleaned it best I could.

When my mate checked the wires he said theres a good resistance so doesn't think there is any brakes in the wire.

Any other thoughts?

Cheers

Ian
I had trouble getting mine off first time I did my own. If you have had it all off to clean the plate and i'd be looking at that first.
Old 01-02-14, 07:49 PM   #5
Inactive User

No haven't had it all off, just cleaned the best I could trough the little gap ha ha.

The sensor seams to sit ok though, Just don't know why it gos off then all comes back on after about a mile??
Old 02-02-14, 05:53 AM   #6
COLINELLIS

Bushell3939 I have not owned a 307 but have read the thread on here about how to clean the sesnsors etc and a lot of people have had to strip down the hub n sensor several times to get the fault to clear. I have to agree with pr1vatepiles on this that the whole hub and assembly needs stripping down and cleaning to get the gap just perfect. There is a how to on hear if you have not already seen it. If you are having trouble getting the caliper off I would suggest purchasing a breaker bar I have the largest one Halfords do in their professional range as it comes with a lifetime gaurantee! If this still wont budge the damn bolts then i suggest you go down to a local garage that owns a windy gun ( Kwikfit perhaps ) armed with some beer tokens and Choccy biscuits and ask if they would oblige you in undoing the bolts then retightening them so you can do the clean up job at home. I would be aiming to get the sesnor mount back to bare metal then just coat it with a little bit of paint very thinly to prevent more rust build up and let it dry before reassambly good luck!
Old 02-02-14, 09:29 AM   #7

I'd go along with pr1vatepiles and COLINELLIS but would also suggest you contact a member with Peugeot Planet and arrange a diagnostic. That would probably tell you exactly which wheel is causing the issue. In your first post you just said the Snap-On diagnostic said rear ABS sensor but not which one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-14, 09:49 AM   #8
Inactive User

Check the sensor ring isn't damaged any chunks out of it and it will not work.
Old 02-02-14, 09:52 PM   #9
Inactive User

Talking

Hey all.

Just wanted to finish my post from yesterday.

Got some new tools and had plenty of determination and this happened.

I removed the rear caliper and disc so I could get the sensor properly.

Cleaned the hub to where the sensor sits and removed all the rust, rebuild it all back up.

All lights have turned off and been for a 6 mile drive and all is well.

After refitting, the sensor sits a lot better and the gap is about 1mm.

If anyone else is having this problem I would take time and clean the hub properly, do not rush it.

Problem sorted , thank you for all your comments.

PS. The snap on computer said it was rear passenger side
Old 02-02-14, 09:56 PM   #10
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushell3939 View Post
Hey all.

Just wanted to finish my post from yesterday.

Got some new tools and had plenty of determination and this happened.

I removed the rear caliper and disc so I could get the sensor properly.

Cleaned the hub to where the sensor sits and removed all the rust, rebuild it all back up.

All lights have turned off and been for a 6 mile drive and all is well.

After refitting, the sensor sits a lot better and the gap is about 1mm.

If anyone else is having this problem I would take time and clean the hub properly, do not rush it.

Problem sorted , thank you for all your comments.

PS. The snap on computer said it was rear passenger side
Glad you managed to fix it. Remember to get the old code cleared out otherwise in future you'll still read the same code.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in