307 radio and central display not working - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-08-17, 12:48 PM   #1

Default 307 radio and central display not working

Hi there from sunny Cyprus.
First off thanks the a great forum with lots of useful info.
I have read a few threads on my issue but wanted to see if there was some up to date info around.
I have a 1600 high spec 2002 307. Low miles and everything worked okay until I let the battery discharge over a prolonged return to the Uk.
Then started having issues with the central display on and off.
Just returned from a 2 month visit to UK where I disconnected the battery. Unfortunately the BIS soft stop and restart info was not known to me till now so the battery has been off and on a few times with no regards to letting it sleep and wake up slowly.
So.
No radio and no display bar a faint collection of light to the far right of the screen after driving for 5 minutes.
Everything else works fine and the single cd ejects and lads as per the other threads.
Have I corrupted the bus bar type setup?
Can I reset the system at all?
Tried putting it to sleep and waking it up properly a couple of times as per the correct info to no avail.

Hopefully you can help me.
Cheers for now.
CyprusPetra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-17, 08:14 AM   #2

Unhappy BSI reset performed.

Tried the BSI reset procedure with the press of the lock for 10 secs. Faint appearance of the central screen now showing flashing figures as per after a power disconnect.
Fuse 11 okay and radio cd worked on a journey yesterday in any case. Stopped working on return journey though!
I am hoping it will sort itself out but not entirely full of confidence.
Old 05-09-17, 05:18 AM   #3

Hi there took the car to a local auto electrician and they suggest it's the mutifunction display that has s faulty. They are looking to source a used one. Is it likely to be the central display unit? Or is this a passive device controlled by the B S I?
Would a faulty MFD stop the radio from working?

Old 05-09-17, 07:28 AM   #4

What are the battery volts with engine off and with engine running?
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-17, 08:10 AM   #5

Display wont stop radio working i use a 206 BSI for coding radios and it has no display plugged in radio still works some radios have a fuse in the rear some dont check that but there is a fuse in the BSI too that covers the radio and display you have a comon fault with both.
Old 05-09-17, 11:47 AM   #6

Thanks for the replies. The radio cd still has power as the cd ejects and loads still. Could it still be the fuse within the BSI?
Don't have a voltmeter with me over here so unable to check the battery bolts at present.
Old 05-09-17, 11:49 AM   #7

I will see if I can locate the BSI fuse now.
Old 05-09-17, 12:48 PM   #8

Swapped out the fuse 11 which is listed as common to both radio and MFD. no change although on close examination with full sunlight shining on the display I can see the correct info for start up. Flashing language choice and temp in bottom right corner even able to select English and then mph and 24 hr clock. So thinking to maybe the3 bulbs that are blown. However that doesn't explain why the radio doesn't work but has power to it.
Old 05-09-17, 03:42 PM   #9

Replaced the 3 bulbs at the back of he MFD and no change. So the info is on the LCD but not being illuminated and the cd load and unload has power but no other audio functionality available.

I guess I could fit an aftermarket stereo and bypass the MFD completely. Might even be able to get a switched 12 volts to the bulb cct and isolate that from the computer control in place at the moment. Don't want to mess up the essential operating systems though.
Old 05-09-17, 04:25 PM   #10

You are missing a power feed after ignition assuming the bulbs are indeed good as the radio needs this and so does the backlighting of the display probably either a broken wire or a bad earth somewhere bad earths can cause strange behaviour.

Again i will say the display wont stop the radio working so its something common to both.
CyprusPetra likes this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in