307 passenger electric window fault - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-06-17, 10:48 AM   #1

Question 307 passenger electric window fault

Dam!

Window will not rise and makes a horrible clacking noise every time I try

It sounds like something has come loose rather than a motor error and def inst electrical as it still makes a noise when I pull the switch

Any ideas?

What is certain is that I will have to remove the door panel so any tips on that one would be good

Cheers
PS my first Peugeot
albertramsbottom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-06-17, 11:07 AM   #2

Snapped cable you need a new regulator or a repair kit if your confident well known issue
Old 20-06-17, 11:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
Snapped cable you need a new regulator or a repair kit if your confident well known issue
Is the repair kit cheaper?

Just found one for 24.95 on fleabay but how difficult are they to fit?

Thanks Very Much

Old 20-06-17, 01:30 PM   #4

Default Door card is off but..

Ok I have got the door card off with a little difficulty as I want to have a look to see what needs replacing first before i buy

It is a leather upholstery one so was a little tricky as its got a door handle. Also I have encountered issues getting at the mechanism as when i peel off the black rubbery protection layer it is getting stuck where the door handle would have been so I cannot expose all the mechanism to check it over

I have attached some images but it looks like the door handle (goldish), is riveted so can i just take a sharp knife and cut the rubber protector around the door handle mounting??

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
20170620_141941_hdr.jpg   20170620_142001_hdr.jpg  
Old 20-06-17, 02:24 PM   #5

If you don't want to drill the rivets out that is probably the best bet. Don't forget a lot of water runs down that lining so you'll have to seal if back as best you can to avoid water getting onto the motor and into the interior.
wynb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-06-17, 12:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynb View Post
If you don't want to drill the rivets out that is probably the best bet. Don't forget a lot of water runs down that lining so you'll have to seal if back as best you can to avoid water getting onto the motor and into the interior.
Cheers

I have got the door card off and the black rubbery stuff and can confirm its the cabel but I am having a lot of difficulty getting the cable out!

I have a repair kit but its a little scary as its got two short cables, one long one, 3 dark blue cable guides?, one white clip, 2 springs and the light blue round cable wheelie thing which I have removed

I have no service manual or workshop manual and access is tricky so I cant understand how I can fix this unless I can understand where all these cables and clips and guides go

Will they all need changing? Or can I just chnage the cables that is broken? I think it is the long one

Cheers
Old 22-06-17, 12:56 PM   #7

OK I have been trying to remove the cable without removing the regulator! Do I need to remove the regulator from the door and then repair and put back??

Cheers
Old 22-06-17, 04:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertramsbottom View Post
OK I have been trying to remove the cable without removing the regulator! Do I need to remove the regulator from the door and then repair and put back??

Cheers
Don't know if it's technically doable in situ or not, but I'd suspect the aggravation/frustration would be significantly less by removing it from the door.
Though "more work", I suspect it would still be the quicker route...
Old 22-06-17, 05:16 PM   #9

Remove the entire regulator its the only way to fix it you are best to replace all the parts but you could just replace the broken cable you need to remove the motor by undoing the 3 bolts as this is the part the wheel lives in you then push that section into the door

Last edited by reliable406; 22-06-17 at 05:19 PM.
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 23-06-17, 09:27 AM   #10

Thanks chaps

I have decided to remove it but I am having difficulty in releasing the regulator from the glass as the glass is almost closed and i cannot see the clips, neither does the glass want to be pushed back down

I think I am right in assuming that I need to remove the two fixings that attch the glass and then the two bolts that fix the regulator to the door, so ill have another go today

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in