307 Multi Function Display Bulb Holders - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-16, 09:48 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 307 Multi Function Display Bulb Holders

Hi. I've just bought a secondhand 307 (2003 plate) from an auction and have discovered that all three bulb holders (and obviously the bulbs) are missing from the multi function display unit. *** I've looked through loads of online resources and I've worked out that the bulbs are 286 type 12v 1.2w - however what I can't find out is what type of bulb holders I need to buy. Can anyone please advise? I know they're ones that twist in but there are several types that look similar but appear to be slightly different. I live out in the sticks about half an hour from the nearest Peugeot dealer, so I would rather buy online if possible. Thanks in advance for any wise words of help

*** on investigation in very feint lettering the MFD displays 'Airbag fault' - so I guess the previous owner tried to disguise this by removing the bulbs. Grrr.
SussexMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-16, 07:16 AM   #2

Yep, common thing for all bulbs to be pulled to hide the faults on screen.

The bulbs and holders are one single piece.

Search Ebay for 509 bulb or this forum for "multifunction display"
Old 06-07-16, 11:01 AM   #3

The worst I've seen is someone disassemble the speedo assembly and tape over the bulbs in that to hide the lights - and if you have an airbag fault you should also have a light on the dash so they might have done this as well!

Airbag fault is usually a wiring thing, get it plugged in and you'll get a better clue. If I remember rightly though, passenger and driver are mixed up on the system (because of the RHD switch).

Old 06-07-16, 08:36 PM   #4
Inactive User

Many thanks for the replies...it's great to know there are people willing to help!
Old 07-07-16, 08:19 AM   #5
Inactive User

Grrr. I have just found out that the airbag dash warning light has been disabled in addition to the bulbs being being removed from the MFD so that it was difficult to see the 'Airbag Fault' warning at the time of buying the car. I have obviously been done over and I'm very annoyed about it!

Can anyone advise please? I bought the car through a private ad however, the chap I bought it from runs a legitimate garage / repair workshop that has been in place for years (the car was test driven, purchased and driven away from his garage premises). He was also the same person to issue / sign a new MOT on the day I bought the car (he signed the MOT in front of me). The seller told me that he was selling the car as a favour for an old customer but because it was an "extra old car" he didn't want to sell it through his business. So I don't have a receipt with his business name on. Yes, I fell for it.

Is it right that as part of the MOT checks, the examiner has to see the airbag warning light flash (as happens in a non faulty modern car) when you turn the ignition on? So, no flashing light should mean an MOT failure? In other words, the seller / MOT examiner knowingly passed a car that should have failed?

I will go back to the seller, but I want to be armed with some extra facts before I confront him. Many thanks in advance for words of help.
Old 07-07-16, 08:30 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SussexMike View Post
Grrr. I have just found out that the airbag dash warning light has been disabled in addition to the bulbs being being removed from the MFD so that it was difficult to see the 'Airbag Fault' warning at the time of buying the car. I have obviously been done over and I'm very annoyed about it!

Can anyone advise please? I bought the car through a private ad however, the chap I bought it from runs a legitimate garage / repair workshop that has been in place for years (the car was test driven, purchased and driven away from his garage premises). He was also the same person to issue / sign a new MOT on the day I bought the car (he signed the MOT in front of me). The seller told me that he was selling the car as a favour for an old customer but because it was an "extra old car" he didn't want to sell it through his business. So I don't have a receipt with his business name on. Yes, I fell for it.

Is it right that as part of the MOT checks, the examiner has to see the airbag warning light flash (as happens in a non faulty modern car) when you turn the ignition on? So, no flashing light should mean an MOT failure? In other words, the seller / MOT examiner knowingly passed a car that should have failed?

I will go back to the seller, but I want to be armed with some extra facts before I confront him. Many thanks in advance for words of help.
The only difficulty with this is it would be your word against his - he could say you've done something. I'd definitely give it a go though, it might be worth taking a couple of heavies with you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jimmymarsbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-16, 08:45 AM   #7

The light coming on and staying on is a fault.

The light not coming on at all is an advisory.

But it varies from tester to tester. My brother has a Civic. It reports an airbag fault and the light is on, but he's had it tested and there's no fault. He showed the test report to the MOT garage and they passed the car, because they knew its a known issue on Civics.

Talk to trading standards, they'll give you some advice, as it seems a little tricky it being a private sale but from a garage.
Old 07-07-16, 09:54 AM   #8

If he was selling it as a "favour" not through the forecourt (where he could have got more money for it) he probably knew it was faulty (unless someone pulled the wool over his eyes if course) which means he more than likely passed the MOT knowing it was faulty. Proving that however is the tricky part. Trading standards or check the V5 to see if the previous owner is listed and talk to them.
lorddevereux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in