307 lpg conversion. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-14, 12:22 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 307 lpg conversion.

Just bought a new lpg kit for our 307cc. As it's something new to me I'm hoping there is some help/reasurance available. I know that the cylinders are numbered from the gearbox end, what I really need is pics of how to plumb in the fuel and lpg at the manifold or injector rail. I have an idea but not 100 % and the instructions aren't very clear. Thanks in advance.
melosv8man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-14, 01:30 PM   #2

Numbers do not matter if its a new kit the wiring is colour coded you splice into the positive side of each injector and the coresponding gas injector has the same colour wires

Blue goes with blue injector splice red with red etc all kits are basically the same wiring so download wiring for a different kit if yours is unclear

Hardest bit for you is drilling injectors into manifold as your manifold may well be plastic !!
reliable406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-14, 06:27 PM   #3

You are aware that it has to be tested and a certificate issued before it is road legal ?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-14, 07:31 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
You are aware that it has to be tested and a certificate issued before it is road legal ?
Yes, included in the price
Old 05-01-14, 10:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by storeman View Post
There are NO rules that are actually legaly enforcable regarding LPG conversions all that is required is that it is done by a competent person the certification has no legal value and would make no difference as to whether the vehicle is road legal or not!

As long as the converted vehicle complies with construction and use regs then it IS legal

There are lots of made up rules floating around the interweb but nothing with any legal value

Anyone can get certified by going on a LPG course as i did many years ago this then means you can self cert its all a bit of a joke to be honest.
Old 06-01-14, 09:40 PM   #6

I believe the tank has to be tested to ensure there are no leaks etc. and that all pipework is checked for being safely secured and routed correctly so they won't be damaged under normal use of the vehicle. I'd be very surprised if anyone was allowed to fit a conversion and be allowed to drive around without it being certified as a safe and correct conversion. I would also expect it to fail an MOT without a certificate proving the job was done to a set standard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-14, 09:55 PM   #7
Inactive User

No certificate required for MOT. Not asking about legislation, I'm asking for pictures or help of how the LPG actually gets into the engine as the instructions are crap.
Old 06-01-14, 10:01 PM   #8

As i have already said there are no rules only guidlines and as such they have no legal weight

Lpg conversions are not part of an mot ok if bits are falling off and likely to cause a danger then it will fail but that is same for petrol components

Try Auto Gas LPG - -TANKS/LPG-PARTS they have some diagrams for download
Old 07-01-14, 04:08 PM   #9

Certificate likely required for insurance purposes - you need to send a copy to your insurers otherwise they may refuse to pay out.

They don't want someone bodging a conversion and making the car dangerous.

My lpg car was scrutinised very closely at mot time - a conversion is an intergral part of the car - so all pipes etc must be correctly routed, no corrosion, secure etc.
clanless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-14, 04:23 PM   #10
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanless View Post
Certificate likely required for insurance purposes - you need to send a copy to your insurers otherwise they may refuse to pay out.

They don't want someone bodging a conversion and making the car dangerous.

My lpg car was scrutinised very closely at mot time - a conversion is an intergral part of the car - so all pipes etc must be correctly routed, no corrosion, secure etc.
I'm on a traders policy and they are aware that I'm doing the conversion myself. Had cars with LPG before so I am aware of what they look for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in