307 low/high revs and strong vibrations - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-01-14, 02:05 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 307 low/high revs and strong vibrations

Hi all.

Firstly I am new to the whole car world being a new driver finally at the age of 28 anyway got a new car which has been fine until oil leaked in coolant and head needed skimming and all done and put back together but after we put it back together getting a few problems (i should of just took it garage but the quotes I was getting was stupidly high so me and my dad had a go our self as my dad has done this a few times on his jeeps.

the car!
Manufacturer: Peugeot
Year: 2006
Fuel Type: Petrol
Engine Size (CC): 1360

well we pieced it all back together changed oil and filter and coolant and not a bolt left behind (yay) so started her up and revs was at about 7-8 when usually 10 but if i rev past 15 and slowly come of the gas it will idle at 15 but if I suddenly come of gas it drops to 7-8 again also that when stationary I notice the whole car vibrates a lot.

Everything else seems fine and I had coil pack replaced about 4 months ago.

Any advice would be great and even tho I am not a mechanic I can read instructions well and would prefer to try fix myself unless someone in the Manchester areas can do a better deal then 45-80 per hour my local garages charge
leonc888 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-01-14, 12:35 PM   #2
Inactive User

any help or advised check would be greatly appreciated
Old 26-01-14, 10:46 AM   #3
Inactive User

I imagine it has an idle speed control valve which might be sticking a bit. The vibration ? Is it misfiring a bit ?

As you have had the head off, it could be a few things, are all plugs tightened, leads good etc.

How does it run on full throttle throughout the rev range?
Gary C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 26-01-14, 11:49 AM   #4

Double check cam timing and also the valve clearances if idle control valve/throttle body is clean. Is the engine light on?
Old 26-01-14, 01:41 PM   #5
Inactive User

Sorry could of mentioned little more info.

no engine light, runs perfectly once moving at sped the revs seem fine but only jumpy when slowing/stopping.

I did double check the cam timings and looked fine but will triple check this on Wednesday (my planned day to carry on working on this) will also double check the control valve as just had a read and looks simple to check.

Thanks guys and I shall report back once these have checked out ok.
Old 26-01-14, 06:34 PM   #6

I'd expect the vibrating would be due to the lower idle speed or possibly not getting enough air - as if the car was nearly stalling then catching again. The last petrol car I had was an old capri with a carburettor so I've no idea how the idle speed is controlled these days. Going off what you said it does sound as though something in the idle speed control is sticking or perhaps is travelling a bit beyond it's idle position - maybe slightly choking off the air supply a little too much making it difficult for the engine to breathe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
storeman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in