307 In Limp Mode. Anyone got PP2000 on the Isle of Wight? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-01-12, 07:52 PM   #1
Inactive User

Exclamation 307 In Limp Mode. Anyone got PP2000 on the Isle of Wight?

Hi all,***

Trying to resolve some Fault Codes on my 2003 110HDi 307 SW with DPF. Last VIN numbers:8331320. Car has done 42,000 miles.

I live down south on the Isle of Wight, and think the closest forum Member with PP2000 is in Southampton from the Map. (not a cheap ferry crossing!) i do have a Peugeot Dealer that is about 22miles away, but would prefer not to hand my money to them just yet!

Just before xmas the warning light came on, "AntiPollution Warning" and car went into Limp Mode (works fine, but revs limited to approx 2600rpm in each gear). ***Started reading up on this forum and google searched to find out what was wrong and how to fix it.***
Bought a cheap OBDII Memo Scanner U480 to read codes and help me fix the problem.***
Gave me three fault codes:
P0470 - Exhaust Pressure Sensor
P1457 - unable to pull vaccumn
P2408 - Fuel Cap Sensor

After reading and searching on here i came to the conclusion:
Fuel cap signal not telling the ECU to add Eloys to the fuel. So particulate filter not operating at the correct temperature and possibly clogged?***
Checked resistance of fuel cap reed switch, out of range. So replaced with new genuine part. Fault P2408 gone.***
Gave the car a good run at the 2600rpm limit (no motorway or dual carriageways here, only short nationallimit roads). Cleared Fault P0470.***
Leaving Fault P1457 - maybe a faulty differential pressure reading from either side of the DPF?

Remaining Fault P1457:***Seen listed the description below ***
"After sales description of the fault code ***
Particle filter fault : Particle filter holed or absent *** ******
Description of the diagnostics *** ***The flow of exhaust gases is greater than 150 000 l/h for 16 s *** ******
Graph of the flow volume to the terminals of the particle filter, between 10 mbar for 200 000 l/h and 35 mbar for 400 000 l/h *** ******
Conditions of activation of the diagnostics *** ***Consult the associated contexts for the Pcode forwarding conditions *** ******
Conditions of disappearance of the fault *** ***Driving for 5 minutes *** ******
Down-grade modes if fault present *** ***
Deactivation of forced regeneration of the particle filter by the diagnostic tool *** ******
Switching on of the warning light and/or warning message *** ***Warning lamp MIL ***Main customer complaints likely *** ***Lack of power
Suspect areas *** ***Turbo air cooler meter (Insufficient valve performance ) *** ******
Clogged particle filter *** ******
Particle filter differential pressure sensor *** ******
Electrical harness *** ******
Wiring *** ******
Particle filter upstream temperature sensor *** ******
Soft pouch /Particle filter additive reservoir *** ******
Additive pump *** ******
One-way valve "

So i Removed and cleaned DPF as per guide on here.***
Fault 1457 still remains, my cheap scanner will not remove it.
I know i need to plug PP2000 and get a correct fault reading/diagnostic as my scanner will probably be giving false readings.***

Is PP2000 hard to obtain and setup via a laptop?***

I have also noticed the additive tank is less than half full. If i have to pay for a Diagnostic at the Peugeot Dealer, i would prefer to top the Eloys up at the same time and have the Additive ECU counter reset to zero. (save having another fault code and possible blocked DPF in the future). I believe***EOLYS 176 is no longer produced, and to use INFINEUM F7995 as the tank filler lines have***Green paint/markers on there.

Any thoughts from those on here with knowledge?
Anyone with PP willing to come over to the Isle of Wight on foot if i cover ferry costs?

Many thanks

Dave
Vtecpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-01-12, 08:53 PM   #2
Inactive User

private message me with some details i can help u out i work for peugeot and can get you any parts for you
Knockoff al is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 21-01-12, 09:44 PM   #3
Inactive User

If your battery is failing your car will remain in economy mode.

Your fuel will not receive additive as long as the fuel cap sensor is not working. Are the magnets still on both sides of the fuel cap?

Is your DPF sensor correctly connected?

P0470 Exhaust Pressure Sensor Malfunction

P1447 ELC system closure valve Flow fault
EDC15C2 - PEF filter pierced or differential pressure incorrect. / PEF: Particle emission filter. Clogged particle filter.

P2408 EDC16C3 - Additive system. Fuel tank cap presence sensor.

http://www.pikit.co.uk/peugeotmt/psa...p%20codes.html
Diagnostic Trouble Code Library

Try these 2 links for fault codes.
Hysteria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 21-01-12, 09:59 PM   #4
Inactive User

Thanks Hysteria,

I did not realise the Battery may cause those problems. In the process of sorting PP2000 for myself so i can get accurate live data readings.

To confirm.
Both magnets in place on filler cap. New sensor fitted. Fault P2408 no longer showing.

Exhaust sensor cleaned. Fault P0470 no longer showing.

Only fault P1457 showing on basic code reader.

Both pressure pipes in place on the DPF/exhaust. But have not checked under the battery where the sensor is.
Old 22-01-12, 05:20 PM   #5
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoff al View Post
private message me with some details i can help u out i work for peugeot and can get you any parts for you
Al, where are you based?
Old 23-01-12, 10:31 PM   #6
Inactive User

Exclamation

Update on my Problem with fault codes.

After my DPF clean and installation, used the car saturday towing a trailer, still in limp mode, revving to about 2600rpm max. 1 fault code with my scanner showing as P1457 still.
Used again sunday and still the same

Decided to get myself PP2000 so i can fix the fault properly and when the Eloys runs low i can reset counter etc myself. Girlfriend has spare laptop with XP. So
Ordered Lexia 3 - PP2000 interface last night (90).

Had to a 15 mile journey late this evening, drove it as normal with antipollution warning and shfting up about 2500rpm. On the 15 mile drive home, i noticed it revved a bit higher than 2600rpm!!!??? Tried again and it was pulling like a train up into the rev range. So gave it a good thrash for the rest of the journey home (engine check light still showing).

Got home at 11pm, and decided to plug the Memoscan U480 in quickly (as it was in the boot) Showed up 2 Fault codes. P1457 and P0401. Thought id try the ERASE function (tried this before, scanner says its erased the faults but nothing actually happens, the faults still remained) but this time the cheap scanner said it had erased the codes and showed the engine check light was off.

Turned car back on, and nothing showing up as wrong (normally the engine check light would stay on and within 15 seconds the AntiPollution warning on the MFD).

Fingers crossed it is still ok tomorrow!

Looking at what has gone on, does this seem a likely logic for what happened with my car?
1 Fuel Cap sensor fails.
2 Therefor signal not given that cap has been removed, so no additive mixed with fuel.
3 DPF operating at wrong temperature and begins to clogg a little.
4 Exhaust sensors arent getting correct readings so car put into limp mode.

5 sensor replaced, signal now given to inject additve.
6 filter still clogged so exhaustnsensors still give incorrect readings
7 filter removed and cleaned

No improvement

8 car after more use has time to do a regen/self clean and receives correct readings from sensors and comes out of Limp Mode, working as it should....

Thniking this may not be the last of my problems, so keeping the lexia cables and getting pp2000 running may not be a bad idea....

Thanks
Dave
icepac21 likes this.
Old 24-01-12, 04:38 PM   #7
Inactive User

Check the pressure sensor from the dpf, 1 of the forum experts might have an SOP on how to do it. If it's full of crud also it will give problems.

Did you also clean out the CAT? A CAT will also become clogged if the filter isn't working properly. Best bet is to just go on a 100km drive with the car and burn the shit out of the CAT.
Hysteria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 24-01-12, 08:06 PM   #8
Inactive User

So just to confirm:

No Engine Check Light
No Anti Pollution Warning
No Faults visible

Car working as it should
matt268uk, jmkent and elmafudd like this.
Old 06-06-12, 08:49 PM   #9
Inactive User

Angry

Here we go again....

AntiPollution Warning back on, car lmited to 2,900rpm
so finally rigged up DIAGBOX and PP2000 hoping to fix it myself.

Under Global/BSI test i have these three faults:

1>
COMBINE_SAGEM (insrument panel)
Remote permanent faultm oil temperatue information, incorrect value received.
PERMANENT DISTANT

2>
CLIM_T5 (air con)
Intermitten fault, coolant temp sensor, heater matrix, short circuit or open circuit
TEMPORARY LOCAL

3>
EDC15C2:
Permanent Fault, particle filter, Particulate filter punctured or exhaust differential pressure info
PERMANENT LOCAL:
ECU Fault code 2002
Airflow Volume 410000 m3/h
Dist since last regen 220km
Avg mileage for last 5 regens 592km
PEF inlet/outlet pressure difference 0 MBars
Total quantity of Additive 49 grammes

I removed the DPF and cleaned/pressure washed as before, hoping with cleared faults this would fix, but to no avail. faults cleared and no warning light, will rev to redline fine, after about 6 mins of driving fault and limp mode return....

Guessing the differential pressure readings of 0 milibar mean that the DPF is blocked?

i tried to force a regen, but i dont have permission with my version of Diagbox (have to call for assistance and a customer service code?)

any thoughts?

thanks

Dave
Old 06-06-12, 09:47 PM   #10

A reading of Zero would suggest that the Differential Pressure sensor is knackered. The reading should be around 5mb when revved to 2000rpm.

The sensor is a common fault and is located on the bulkhead under the battery. Peugeot now supply a superseded uprated part.

If you change it make sure that you clean the pipes out that go to the DPF.
bettyswollocks likes this.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in