Peugeot Forums banner

307 intermittent immobiliser fault

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Eccles 
#1 ·
hi all, first time posting here so plese go easy :)
i have a 57 plate 306 sw 1.6 hdi se.
around 2 weeks ago the car started kicking up immobiliser fault every now and then. the car starts but seems to be an intermittent fault and slowly getting worse.
my local garage which usually does all my servicing (every 5k miles for oil and filter) has tried their diag kit but unable to communicate which used to work fine.
any ideas where to start?
im kinda thinking the reader ring close to the key?

many thanks in advance for any help

Andy

#4 ·
local garage said they checked the earths, and all was fine, battery test was done on starting, running and with everything turned off.
its not too old as i had it replaced around 18 months ago.

also have taken the key to my local timpsons who tested key and was working fine.

#7 ·
Not had any luck getting the car on planet.
Had to call the aa out the other night who managed to get u2000 fault code.
When he towed us home the car started again. No beeping noise if the key is in ignition with drivers door open.
Would it be worth me getting a new key?
Is there a way to disable the immobiliser? The car really isn't worth spending much on due to high mileage

#8 ·
U fault codes are network related basically its telling you what you know the car is not talking to the key !!

If its a flip key it could be the key they do die

Immobiliser is built into software and although there are ways to remove it the cost of doing so would be more than fixing the issue.

You really need it on planet to see better what is going on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.