307 HDI Help..... - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-12-12, 02:22 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 307 HDI Help.....

Hey hope everyone had a fantasic xmas :-).

Over the holidays i was out driving my 307 HDI 2002 plate and i drove it trough a flood (silly i know) but was following other cars, The car in front stopped for no reason and my car stalled and would no restart. I towed the car out and the next ay had a look at it, Car would not turn over but it was becuase battery was flat so got the jump leads out and the car turned over its took 5 attemps and started with huge amouts of white smoke and lots and lots of water from the exhaust.

Car is very lumpy and still has lots of white smoke when cold does clear up when hot but car is not running like it was, Ive checked oil and there is no water in there and ive checked coolant and its at the correct levels and engine has been left running for a hour and does not over heat.

Any ideas why its running badly and why i still have lots of white smoke on the start up. If engine has gone then i will just replace but if its repairable it will save me some money and hassel.....

Hope you can help and big thank you all in advance.
snailplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-12-12, 03:11 PM   #2

check your air filter and all the pipes.

check the air intake as well. to be honest im not sure where it is on a hdi
monty9120 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 27-12-12, 04:55 PM   #3

As above check air filter etc if they are very wet the chances are that water was sucked into engine

The air intake is low down behind bumper on the near side dependent on how fast you were going it is possible it could have forced water up intake and into engine (this often causes hydraulic lock, stops engine and can bend conrods etc) this would need compression test to confirm.

Hopefully if you were going slow with low revs water pressure was enough to stall engine if tailpipe was below water and then the exhaust filled with water.

I would also check all of the low level electrical connections around the engine bay for water ingress

Old 28-12-12, 07:03 AM   #4
Inactive User

Thanks for helpful fast replies .......

Took airfilter off and yes was wet so put a new one in, Checked on the P/S wheel arch and noticed the plastic inner is missing so maybe i was going faster then i thought as it was there before, Anyways i started this morning as needed to get to work and it sounded like it was chugging and lots of white smoke but once warmed up drove ok ........ Any ideas what to check as doubled checked water and oil and all seems to be ok, Electric wise what best to check first as if the wheel lining is missing there is bound to be water in the electrics on the P/S.

Thanks in advance.
Old 28-12-12, 07:10 AM   #5
davidireland

You were lucky, you could have bent a conrod.

Sent from my GT-S5690
snailplayer likes this.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 28-12-12, 03:39 PM   #6
Inactive User

still might have a bent one, let's see what the next cold start brings...
snailplayer likes this.
dpmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-12-12, 11:45 AM   #7
Inactive User

Been using daily and drives fine when hot but still not a happy car when cold.....Turbo is doing what it should and oil and water are all ok.......

help me :-)
Old 29-12-12, 12:09 PM   #8
davidireland

Get a compression test done.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-12-12, 01:28 PM   #9
Inactive User

Wicked.....Will book it in asap :-)
Old 29-12-12, 03:29 PM   #10

How does it idle when hot is it smooth? lumpy idle would also point to bent con rod/reduced compression on one cylinder.

If the idle is fine try running with MAF disconnected when cold for a short period as the MAF/air temp sensor may have been damaged by water ingress and this could have affected fuelling etc
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in