307 hdi 90 accelaration problems - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-01-13, 09:29 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 307 hdi 90 accelaration problems

hi all,
new member who has been reading threads for nearly aweek now and still none the wiser. lol.
my problem seems to be poor accelaration, no matter wether the car is hot or cold it seems to take ages for the speed to pick up, the car is nearly doing 2000 rpm before i can see the speed on the speedometer climbing up past 15mph this happens in 1st to 3rd gears. then when in 4th and im going 50mph and i press the throttle pedal it seems to take ages again before the car starts to speed up.the car is diesel by the way.
a couple of things i should point out is that i once had the anti pollution fault on the car but that was over a week ago and it hasnt been back on since,
the other thing is that although the car is used almost daily i probably only do about 5 miles per day and thats only to work and back.
the other thing is that some times it will say that the "engine coolant temp to high" even though ive just started the car and its been idleing for a few seconds the temp gauge goes all the way to the red zone then returns to normal after a few seconds.
could any of these be causing the poor accelaration or could it be something more drastic.
ive read about the exhaust clogging up and that a good blast down some motorway in 3rd gear at 3500 rpm usually clears up this slow accelaration problem but im not sure if this is just a myth.
anybody shed any light on these faults would be a god in my eyes or if any one in the middlesbrough area have peugeot planet that could help me out would also be a god and i would pay for the time and use of the equipment.

many thanks guys.
not buying another pug after this one goes, seem to be nothing but huge headaches and wallet emptiers.
maully217 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-01-13, 09:39 PM   #2
Inactive User

It does sound like it needs a good rag to clear it out.
Rik1254 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-01-13, 09:51 PM   #3

hi there welcome to the forum, best thing to do id probably check the thread peugeot planet map https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...anet-map-7734/ and get in touch with whomever is nearest to you, i know most of this guys will be happy to help, i would think check egr valve and maf sensor... as either of this if faulty will reduce restricted performance,
its a shame that your peugeot experience has been bad... im on my 3rd pug and and still loving them....
cisco307HDI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 16-01-13, 09:54 PM   #4

The 307 HDI 90 doesn't exactly light up the world on the acceleration front but as he driver you will probably feel if something is not quite right.

Hopefully you'll be able to get it on planet to diagnose as the anti pollution could be many things and without a proper fault read it'd be guesswork.

Are you sure it's not clutch slip if the revs are increasing but the speed isn't

The exhaust block that you've read about sounds like the common particulate filter problem but that is usually associated with the 110 engine.
Old 16-01-13, 09:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roky View Post
The 307 HDI 90 doesn't exactly light up the world on the acceleration front but as he driver you will probably feel if something is not quite right.

Hopefully you'll be able to get it on planet to diagnose as the anti pollution could be many things and without a proper fault read it'd be guesswork.

Are you sure it's not clutch slip if the revs are increasing but the speed isn't

The exhaust block that you've read about sounds like the common particulate filter problem but that is usually associated with the 110 engine.
actually the 90bhp dpes not come with DPF fitted, true not the fastest accelerating car by any means, but it is quite nippy....
Old 16-01-13, 10:12 PM   #6
Inactive User

Default pug accelaration problems

thanks for the quick replies guys,
first question is : what speed and gear do you recommend to give it a good rag in as like ive said ive read it should be 3rd at 3500rpm.
second: how would i go about testing the maf and egr to see if these 2 things are ok what should i be looking for or feeling for when testing if possible.
third: possibly a daft question but how would i know what type of clutch is in my 307 as ive read (again) that some have a dual mass flywheel and these are very expensive to replace.
im trying to save emptying my wallet as i dont have a lot of money to spend on the car and hope to do some of the repairs myself.
as for not buying another pug i myself have owned 2 pug 306's petrol models and loved every minute of owning them and ive also owned a 406 petrol model again lovely to drive just a bit heavy on juice.
but this 307 diesel has put me off pugs for now, i even went to diesel on a friends recommendation and i never had any bother with any petrol car pug or otherwise.
just to point out aswell is when i first bought the car about 8 months ago i didnt have any of the problems ive pointed out it went like a bullet no matter which gear it was in its just when the wether turned abit cold that the problems started to show, the friend who said go to a diesel engine said that diesel turns to jelly when cold and thats why ive got the slow accelaration problems it takes ages to circulate around the car to make it go.
is this true like ive said im clueless with diesel engines, give me petrol anyday.

Last edited by maully217; 16-01-13 at 10:19 PM.
Old 16-01-13, 10:44 PM   #7

Did you try unplugging the air flow meter incase its faulty ?
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 16-01-13, 10:50 PM   #8

again on the 90 there is no dmf.... there is a guide here on egr cleaning i cant find it this instant might have something to do with being half asleep! and like martin said just unplug the air flow meter and if that the fault you will notice the difference just on iddle....
Old 17-01-13, 07:40 AM   #9
Inactive User

Default pug accelaration problems

hi guys and thanks for the quick replies.
no not unplugged maf wire will look at haynes manual to see were it is on diesel engines and try it unplugged to see if it nmakes a difference.
what should i be seeing or feeling when the maf is unplugged.
again thanks.
Old 17-01-13, 07:51 AM   #10

Here you go:

Unplug where the red arrow is.

My first 307 was a 90 and it had the same issues. Mine was indeed the MAF, and then a year or so later was a badly fitted air intake pipe.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in