307 hdi 110 heavy gear changes help???? - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-06-16, 08:26 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 307 hdi 110 heavy gear changes help????

hey I hope you guys/girls could help me,

I've recently bought a 02 plate 307 2.00 hdi 110 bhp I think, when the motor is cold and I havent gone on a long run the gear changes are ok aren't great, but can get through gears on first attempt.

once the engine and gear box is warm, changing gears get very stiff and sometimes takes two or three attempts to get into desired gear (however this isn't always the case).

I recently bought the car off a back yard maccy. and he was fixing lower control arm, and the drive shaft popped out, so he topped the gear box oil.
anyways I checked it today and the dick put too much in, so ive drained it to the desired level. changes are a little better. if he put the wrong oil in would it make the changes more difficult?? or do you think it may be another fault causing the heavy changes any support will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
bryce
bryce.burger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-06-16, 07:31 AM   #2

yes it makes a huge difference i put 80w90 in my wifes car after a clutch change. had to change it within a day or 2
Old 22-06-16, 08:16 PM   #3

Put the correct oil in. Modern cars are very sensitive to incorrect lubricants. How did you drain to the correct level?. All the diesel 307s I've come across only have a drain plug, and you simply add 1.9 litres of oil via the breather.

Roger.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in