307 delayed acceleration - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Skippy93

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-01-18, 06:58 PM   #1

Default 307 delayed acceleration

hello guys
i'm actually new to the forum , i fix my car (307cc 2008 2.0 petrol ) myself since i bought it 4 years ago .
i've notice a rear problem since 6 months ago , which is so much delayed acceleration like 2s or more ( no less than 2s ) its very dangerous and annoying . there are 2 youtube videos , i uploaded them just now to link them down
i've check all the internet for solutions , i've check throttle body , leakage of intake air , injectors , replacing the coils , replacing the sparks , checking the fuel pump , plugged into laptop and check it by scanmaster , replacing the battery , checking the electric generator .
some points : ( sometime at low press the engine shut off )
pressing hard will prevent this from happening
may some of you think that the problem is from the gearbox , but its not relate , cuz its happening also if you test it in (p or n )mode ,
here a picture of what may help

some videos
https://youtu.be/gyB_Pvhu1mw
https://youtu.be/JqJBGr8IwlI
even the dealer here where i live don't know the problem
basil757 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-01-18, 05:34 AM   #2

Have you had any luck with this yet? I am having similar issues and have replaced a number of parts without success including coil pack, fuel pump, fuel filter, crankshaft sensor, coolant sensor. It has been suggested that I get the throttle body calibrated at the dealer as this can fix the issue which is getting done next week. I will keep you posted. Let me know if you find a solution. Thanks
Skippy93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-18, 10:11 PM   #3

i got some new news for this problem , as someone posted the same symbols and then he fix it by changing the water pump and putting new thermostat ,
others said it might be the cylinder gasket as well ,
i recommend for you to do a cylinder pressure test as it will clear up if you need to replace your engine gasket

Old 07-03-18, 10:57 PM   #4

This problem for me turned out to be related to the variable valve timing. There was a problem causing the cam phaser or oil control solenoid to to stick and so when accelerating there was a delay in valve timing adjustment while the oil pressure built up. I solved this by doing an oil flush with liqui moly engine detox and then adding a bottle of their “tappet stop noise” to the new oil. This product claims to clean out the small lifter oil pasages and prevent them sticking. I saw a siqnificant improvement after driving with the additive for around 250km and it continues to get better.
Gibbo likes this.
Skippy93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 29-04-18, 09:52 AM   #5

Smile

i find the solution
its in intake pipe , Peugeot in their 307cc models the air intake has a black block after the air filter, its job to make a limit air reaction and adjust the pressure ,
just make sure the filter is 100% connected and closes with under it ( black adjustment air suction ) and the problem will be solved by 90%
Old 29-04-18, 05:58 PM   #6

So you had a air leak yet in your first post you said you checked for that and found ok!
madbadandold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in