307 cc blower not working - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By windy1603

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-07-19, 07:00 PM   #1

Default 307 cc blower not working

Ok read lots about the resistor. Its not that because the resistor pack is integral to the motor, being sited on the heat sink. Found that by accident!! However no power to the motor at all so need a circuit diagram of the aircon/blower and which fuse and relay makes it all go. Of course this car is not mine, its my daughter's and Haynes manuals don't include the cc model, and trying to trace the wiring in this 2004 model is a nightmare to say the least. What ever happened to plugs, points, alternator and thats it!!!! So can anybody advise me on where I can get the diagrams from please.
BobChesh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-07-19, 07:02 AM   #2

That not a resistor on the motor it's an electronic speed controller they do fail.

Normally when the pollen filter is not changed and fan has to work harder to suck air in which overheat the controller.

They often fail 100% and the fan is dead or they can sometimes run the fan on start up and then stops after a few seconds.

If you power the motor directly it should run if its ok

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Last edited by windy1603; 14-07-19 at 11:39 AM.
windy1603 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-07-19, 07:29 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobChesh View Post
So can anybody advise me on where I can get the diagrams from please.
The Peugeot Service Box. Either hereand register as an independent (but the docs are pay-to-view) or from https://www.emanualonline.com/Cars/P...ce-Manual.html for 9.99 - absolute bargain if you're keeping the car.
IanML is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 14-07-19, 12:40 PM   #4

Another thing to watch is when the fan electronic speed controller fails & the fan can then runs flat out it can burn the wiring loom out at the fan relay connector plug.
Old 14-07-19, 07:10 PM   #5

Windy, I have tested the blower on its own and it runs fine and very quiet too. The problem is that no matter where I put the blower speed on the Air Con control panel there is no power whatsoever to the blower. Hence my feeling of a fuse/relay problem. I am almost resigned to removing the Air Con control panel and then seeing what's going on in there!.

Thanks though for all the advice. And I might just take up the 9.99 option for some pictures!

All this hassle and its not my car! Need to get it sorted for the winter though. She had major problems getting the windscreen defrosted with no blower!!!!

If there are any other options/ideas, please let me know. And by the way, this forum is great!!!
BobChesh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-07-19, 08:01 PM   #6

I would go for speed controller failure it's more common than any other fault with wiring or main climate control module failure.

I would try a new one they are cheap enough on ebay or similar and near impossible to fault find other than by direct replacement.

The climate/AC ecu feeds a variable voltage to the speed controller which then feeds a 12v PCM Voltage to the fan motor to regulate speed. You should find the on the speed controller plug a signal in from ecu, ground and the outputs to fan motor

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
madbadandold likes this.

Last edited by windy1603; 14-07-19 at 08:05 PM.
windy1603 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in