307 cc 2005 Replace Radio - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-17, 11:21 AM   #1

Default 307 cc 2005 Replace Radio

Hi There,
Please can anyone help, I have my daugters birthday in a couple of weeks and she wants a new bluetooth radio installing, but also wants the original stalk radio controls to still work. I understand that there is an adaptor for this but I am not sure which radio and which adaptop to buy. Can anyone recommend a suitable radio, budget is 30-40.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.
chrisholt813 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-17, 02:12 PM   #2
Inactive User

Unfortunately the stalk adapters aren't far off 30-40 on their own.

If it's a facelift 307 you'd need the canbus adapter, or if it's a pre-facelift you'd need the vanbus adapter. The steering adapters are specific for the stereo manufacturer too, i.e. if you fit a Pioneer stereo to a facelift 307 you'd need a specific Peugeot canbus to Pioneer steering wheel adapter.
Old 08-05-17, 02:16 PM   #3

Best option is to keep standard radio and get her a usb box fitted to the aux input that would need enabled but that will play music from a stick.

If its for the phone i would get a parrot but as above you wont be able to do what you want for 40.

If you do swap the radio and its a facelift model you wont be able to change the clock !

Old 08-05-17, 02:18 PM   #4
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
If you do swap the radio and its a facelift model you wont be able to change the clock !
The main reason I still have the factory stereo
Old 09-05-17, 02:48 PM   #5

Hi ChrisHolt813

You don't say what you want to achieve by adding the Bluetooth interface ?? Also it would be useful to know what the current Radio is in the Car. I am guessing that as it is a 2005 model that it is most likely an RD3

Do you want a Hands Free Mobile facility or just play Bluetooth streamed music through the existing Radio.

If you just want to stream music there are several add-on black boxes that can be plugged into the Radio to give you this capability. They use the CD Changer input on the Radio and allow you to use the existing controls to play music. Look at the Yatour or Connects2 units as an example. Some have Bluetooth for streaming and support music loaded on memory cards. Some can also be used as a Hands Free solution.

There are also some units that just plug into the AUX input and you just stream music from the mobile but all the controls stay on the mobile.

In all cases you will probably need someone to enable the CD Changer or AUX input on the Radio using the Peugeot DIAGBOX diagnostics software/interface. Depending on where you are located there are a number of people who can provide this service without having to pay a Peugeot dealer a fortune !!
Bushellj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 14-05-17, 12:53 PM   #6

Default 307 CC Change Radio

Well a big thanks to you all for your replies, I really appreciate your help.

As an update to some of the queries, She wants to be able to play music from her IPhone via bluetooth and retain the ability to use her steering wheel stalk controls.

I realise that my budget was too low to achieve want i want so I am happy to go to 100 all in, if that's possible.??

Some people are asking about what type of radio is currently fitted, there doesn't appear to be any manufacturer on the front but s sticker on the side says its a siemens VDO so I have uploaded a few photo's to help identify the current radio.
https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/...ge-radio-1938/

I also don't know if this is or isn't the facelift model (don't know the difference) but it was registered 18/04/2005 and has a variant no 3BRFN, Version 3BRFNC, does that help me to tell if its a facelift version or not?
Old 14-05-17, 01:57 PM   #7

Thats a pre facelift radio facelift radios are totally different so that makes life easier for you
Old 14-05-17, 01:59 PM   #8

Thank you, That at least clears that one up.
Old 14-05-17, 02:03 PM   #9

Im not really sure if you can do as she wants to be honest

There is a way of using the aux input to play music from her phone if it has a headphone socket this is a cheap option but you cant control the phones playlist with this

There is also a box called yatour or some other similar boxes that play music from a stick or memory card this can be controlled by the radio but bluetooth may be a problem.
Old 14-05-17, 02:07 PM   #10

thank you,

Further investigation is leading me down the path of trying to fix a bluetooth adaptor to the original head unit. this would seem to be less complicated.

I have seen this on ebay, anyone know if this will work and or have any experience of fitting and using one

Peugeot 307 Bluetooth music streaming handsfree car kit RD3 AUX USB MP3 iPhone | eBay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in