307 Auto Air Con - Blower Intermittent - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-06-18, 07:42 AM   #1

Default 307 Auto Air Con - Blower Intermittent

Can anyone please advise on the likely faulty component and its location that is causing my blower fan to reluctantly work, sometimes it functions but often it does not. The car is a 07 build with 2 zone digital control. Previous owner had the 'blower regulator' (whatever that is) replaced, 10k miles ago.

I am wondering if it could be the hedgehog type resistor - seems to be two types on ebay, a square one and a crescent shaped type. Not sure which I have and why two types and their location?
Andy892 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-06-18, 05:42 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy892 View Post
Can anyone please advise on the likely faulty component and its location that is causing my blower fan to reluctantly work, sometimes it functions but often it does not. The car is a 07 build with 2 zone digital control. Previous owner had the 'blower regulator' (whatever that is) replaced, 10k miles ago.

I am wondering if it could be the hedgehog type resistor - seems to be two types on ebay, a square one and a crescent shaped type. Not sure which I have and why two types and their location?
Quote:

HI Andy. I've got the manual aircon on my '05 307. It might be worth your while taking a look at the speed control resistor (the thing that you mention). In my 307 it's accessed through the 'air recirculation' flap, tucked up under the driver's side dashboard. It's a pig to get at, but, once you have managed to grab and extract it, you may find that there's an intermittent connection on the plug/socket arrangement. It carries a fair bit of current, gets hot, and the plastic softens - which can create an intermittent connection.

There's 'fixit' kits out there that consist of a new resistor, plus a new plug (as the old one will be useless) with wire tails. I replaced mine by snipping off the original plug and joiing the new one into the harness with crimps. The kit wasn't expensive.

Did I say it's a pain to get to? <g>
Adrian
adrian5750 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 25-06-18, 05:57 AM   #3

Default Air Con Resistor

Thanks a lot for your extensive advice. I will have a look and see if my 07 build is the same as yours. Got a feeling there are differences and the resistor is part of the blower motor.

Old 25-06-18, 06:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your extensive advice. I will have a look and see if my 07 build is the same as yours. Got a feeling there are differences and the resistor is part of the blower motor.
No problem. Good thing if Peugeot _did_ change the design! <g>
If it's similar to mine, the blower motor isn't particularly accessible either...
My garage swapped the blower motor on mine, before we realised that the resistor itself was faulty. Swapped the resistor and mini-harness, and all's been good (touch wood) since.

While on the subject of aircon - the main dealer re-gassed the aircon twice within 6 months, and then told me that fixing the leak in the aircon would probably cost more than the car was worth. Found a fellow online who sells re-gas / leak-seal kits - and after one can of gas/sealer and two cans of gas, it's still working 2 years later. Cost about 40 all-in - including the pressure gauge / pipework adapter.
Old 25-06-18, 07:17 PM   #5

The speed controller on face lift models is seperate from the blower motor its a square unit tucked up at the back of the heater box on the nearside near firewall (access from passenger footwell).

One common reason for them failing is failure to change pollen filter. The fan has to drag the air through the filter which puts extra load on the controller causing it to overheat and the reduced airflow does not give enough cooling to the overheating controller and it causes it to fail long term
Old 26-06-18, 07:36 PM   #6

Great advice about the speed controller, will check out my pollen filter. Regarding air con recharge, i have just paid 70 plus VAt for a regas, and to be honest the air con is not brilliant in fact it is poor at midday temps we are having at the moment. Considering purchasing a recharge kit for about 50 from eBay as per previous post, but could do with some advice such as ease of use and how effective are the kits for improving a system?;
Old 26-06-18, 07:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Great advice about the speed controller, will check out my pollen filter. Regarding air con recharge, i have just paid 70 plus VAt for a regas, and to be honest the air con is not brilliant in fact it is poor at midday temps we are having at the moment. Considering purchasing a recharge kit for about 50 from eBay as per previous post, but could do with some advice such as ease of use and how effective are the kits for improving a system?;
The kit I purchased was very easy to use - came complete with the necessary pipework and a gauge which gave useful diagnostic info before & during the recharge. As to effectiveness - the aircon didn't work before, it does now <g>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in