307 abs nightmare! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-11, 03:26 PM   #1
Inactive User

Angry 307 abs nightmare!

i have a 52 plate 307 with neverending abs problems, i have had the car about 18 months within a few days of driving it the abs light can on then abs brake fault and handbrake light! this turned out to be the megafuse.

Recently abs light came on again! and now intermittently braking fault and handbrake light! i have spent a fortune with different people and nobody really knows what they are doing, when plugged in it says right hand rear sensor fault, i have had this replaced but still not picking up a reading, also had the back plate cleaned, have been advised to check the wiring around heatshield , puta washer behind sensor to close air gap or clean connections on multiplug? obviously i am not a mechanic and desperately need someone who knows what they are doing to fix this once and for all.
P.s: apparently peugeot recalled the car prior to me owning it for water ingress to the pump, and my pump has a 'bag' over it, however they accept no liability and want to charge me 85 just to look at it.
Can anyone reccomend a competent mechanic with experience of this? i am in strood, kent.
Thanks.
tonyabs:(( is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-11, 03:57 PM   #2
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyabs:(( View Post
apparently peugeot recalled the car prior to me owning it for water ingress to the pump, and my pump has a 'bag' over it, however they accept no liability and want to charge me 85 just to look at it.
Get them bitches to check that out because it doesnt sound like they did a very good during recall in the first place as for everything else, maybe try checking your brake light switch... not sure about anything esle as they seem to have tried most of things that usualy work. i would suggest testing the wiring cables, maybe some other than abs cable is broken between the abs sensor and the abs control unit.

Last edited by battlestar; 03-12-11 at 03:59 PM.
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-11, 04:06 PM   #3
Inactive User

Thanx, havent tried these yet just have been advised to check the wiring around heatshield , puta washer behind sensor to close air gap or clean connections on multiplug? need a competant mechanic before i part with anymore money! as for peugeot its looking like im going to have to go over there and kick off! as this has happened to too many people, wish i could trace the previous owner to see if he had probs, more than likely why he sold it!.

Old 03-12-11, 04:10 PM   #4

They do put a bag over it on a "Abs Recall"
bettyswollocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-11, 04:16 PM   #5

Hi Tony,i had this problem with my car,you don't need to be a mechanic to fix it as long as you can remove the rear wheel you should be able to fix this yourself, so step 1,put the car in gear,chock the wheels so it wont roll and then jack it up and remove the offending wheel,then you'll see the 4 holes that bolt the wheel on,turn the wheel around slowly to the point where you can see the the allen key head that holds the ABS sensor on,(might need a flashlight to see it) at this point place ,i think a 5 or 6mm allen key in and undo the bolt and remove the sensor,then you need to find something very thin, i used a plastic guitar pletrum,(being plastic it won't corrode) cut out a small washer,put a hole in it and then place it behind the sensor and put it all back together. whilst its apart its probably worth getting some carb cleaner and spraying it in their and cleaning the copper coloured ring that faces the sensor. the thin plastic washer you have made or what ever you choose to use should close the gap between the sensor and drum to about .5 of a mm,all back together you should be good to go. hope this helps
Old 03-12-11, 04:17 PM   #6
Inactive User

Location: Kingsway, Quedgeley, Gloucestershire/Wolverhampton, Staffordshire

Our 307 Xsi used to have a ABS fault all the time. It was the rear passenger side. All we did was unplug it and plugged it back in, and really made sure it was plugged in properly and its never come back on again. I think the connections are sometimes not quite plugged properly and, of course, driving on the road it could wiggle itself loose.
Old 03-12-11, 04:22 PM   #7
Inactive User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyswollocks View Post
They do put a bag over it on a "Abs Recall"
Whaaaaa Hope atleast that its not one of those bio-degradable
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-11, 02:43 PM   #8
Inactive User

Hi Matt,
Thanx for that, will give it a go, why does the car need to be in gear? and chocked? why not engine off and handbrake on? also does anyone know if there is a multifuse actually on the abs pump 30w green one? someone suggested taking front passenger wheel off and wing lining to check a fuse in the unit itself? have checked the engine bay ones as the green one in there has been the culprit in the past.
Joys of owning a 307 dont think in the nearly two years ive had it i have had no lights on for more than a few months! one problem after another!.
Old 04-12-11, 02:58 PM   #9
jmkent

If you are parked with handbrake on, how will you manage to turn the rear wheel?

Its good practice whenever removing a wheel to always park in gear and chock the wheels.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-11, 03:00 PM   #10

Sorry Tony my bad,chocked so it won't roll,handbrake off actually, so you can spin the rear wheel around,this way you can line up the wheel bolt hole with the ABS sensor bolt and then get your allen key in.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in