307 ABS Issue - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-11-17, 11:49 AM   #1

Default 307 ABS Issue

Good Afternoon All,

Wondering for any advise? My dads car has the popped up with an ABS light issue, the annoying thing is that it seems to come on and off a lot when he has the car, but when i go to diagnose it, the light is not on.

I have done some research and read that it can be dirty sensors on the rear wheels, or loom, that makes sence, but what is really confusing me is when i run a diagnostic in PP2000.

I firstly get no error codes.
Secondly i have strange issue where - when i ran a diagnostic in August, on the main screen the "ABS or ESP ECU - was showing". When i ran a diagnostic on Saturday i get the ECU has not replied. Does that mean there is an issue with the ABS ECU ?

Illustrations below from August 2017

1.jpg

From Saturday

2.jpg

Im just trying to figure out if its the ECU with an issue rather than sensors.

Many thanks for any help

Little Pug (Andy)
on behalf of my dad
Little Pug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-11-17, 04:28 PM   #2

Drive the car with pp2000 plugged in and use live data to check see if all 4 wheels are sending consistent data.
madbadandold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 13-11-17, 05:32 PM   #3

Sometimes systems don't always communicate. Remember any fault in the abs system will automatically switch the whole system off as a safety feature. If the abs light goes off that means the system is happy again.

Does your dad have an off-road drive or cobbled drive. It may be that it acts up when driven on uneven surfaces or over speed bumps and then sorts it's self out. I would check your sensors out first and go from there. It may well be early enough that they just need a quick removal, clean and refitting

Also this is just a suggestion but check out the battery. Peugeots hate low voltage and often throw passenger airbag and abs faults when started up. This will then reset when the car is restarted

Last edited by SlashProm; 13-11-17 at 05:35 PM.
SlashProm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 18-11-17, 11:03 AM   #4

Thank you madbadandold and SlashProm,

To be honest i never thought of checking the live data while the car is running, so will give that a go.

I'm wondering if i take the wheel off and have a look at the sensors, see what condition they are in. Also i would of thought that if the ECU is working ok i.e. light off would pp2000 not read it, when i was reading the ECU the light was not on. My dads driving is driving in London, normal roads.

I'm going to see the car now and ill report back. See if the light comes on.

Thank You all once all again

Andy
Old 18-11-17, 11:17 AM   #5

Planet is not a code reader it is a proper computer diagnostic system and can do so much more than most ever use it for of course it can read a system with no faults and any time the light comes on the system stores a fault for you to read.

On your screenshots the latest one shows presence of faults you then click on that to take you into the ABS ecu then there are many more things to look at including the live data already mentioned.

Being a 307 the most likely reason is rust build up at rear sensors well documented issue and simple enough to fix
Old 18-11-17, 03:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
Planet is not a code reader it is a proper computer diagnostic system and can do so much more than most ever use it for of course it can read a system with no faults and any time the light comes on the system stores a fault for you to read.

On your screenshots the latest one shows presence of faults you then click on that to take you into the ABS ecu then there are many more things to look at including the live data already mentioned.

Being a 307 the most likely reason is rust build up at rear sensors well documented issue and simple enough to fix
and with a long enough T30 driver, it is possible to get at the rear sensors through the wheel bolt hole and avoid the need to remove the disk/hub etc
britinbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 19-11-17, 09:25 AM   #7

Mine says ecu referenced it still does the faults fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-17, 10:04 AM   #8

Good Morning All,

I managed to get to Dad's yesterday and ran a diagnostic, so found the issue to be with the rear right sensor

1.jpg

2.jpg

So called Peugeot and bought a replacement sensor, the guy said that the rear sensor's are the same for the left and the right,

I forgot to ask a very vital question - How do you determine what is the right side ? So i would like to ask.

Is when you sit in the car so it would be the drivers side, or is it passengers side, when you look at the car from the front.

Many Thanks in advance

Andy
Old 03-12-17, 10:14 AM   #9

Right hand drive is the right rear. It will probably be rust under the sensor rather than the sensor though. So take it off and make sure you get all the loose metal off and have solid material to mount the sensor. You can check the old sensor with a multi meter to see if there is continuity. But as I said in my first entry drive the car with planet on and check the wheel speed signals as confirmation of the problem. My fault turned out to be an intermittent signal from the front right wheel which was caused by that bearing being the signal generator being intermittent.
madbadandold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-17, 11:06 AM   #10

Right rear is the drivers side rear wheel. As madbadandold says, I doubt that the sensor has failed, it's probably rust under the sensor. Remove it and clean the metal behind. When I did mine I had to put a thin bit of plastic under the sensor, because the gap between the sensor and the ring on the back of the hub was too big after I had cleaned off all the rust.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in