307 2L Petrol wont Start - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Crickleymal
  • 2 Post By Gibbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-19, 06:29 PM   #1

Default 307 2L Petrol wont Start

Hi all, My 307sw 2L petrol (Automatic) 2009 with 124 thousand kilometers on clock suddenly wont start. Been running fine,so really stumped. I can rule out the battery and Starter as plenty power trying to turn over. Only have 1 flip key but its locking/unlocking the car and i get the bleeping sound when i open drivers door with the key in the ignition. My son checked the codes with odb reader and found P1644/ P0597/ P1622 but we have not been able to figure out anything from them. Anyone know if there is a reset switch for the fuel on this model ? we took the engine cover off and unscrewed a blue dust-cap and seem to be getting petrol to this point (after pushing the core at the valve)
There is plenty of petrol in it as the last time i used it the last thing i done was put fuel in it, so fuel gauge is reading correct.Also timing belt is still ok and Oil and Water are perfect. Had a look in Fuse box at glove-box and also checked fuses under the bonnet but never found any problems. I seen an orange engine shaped light on when trying to start but thought this was normal. Any idea`s most welcome please, or if anyone knows what the codes indicate please get in touch. Thanks

QUICK UP-DATE (Problem Solved) Had to jump start my car as the battery started to fail. But it appears to have solved the problem. Not sure if its been the battery or not but its looking good for now. Any more problems i will update.

Last edited by DJQUICKFIT; 10-05-19 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Problem Solved
DJQUICKFIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-05-19, 09:09 AM   #2

Dodgy batteries cause all sorts of odd faults. It would be a good idea to get it tested properly at a garage.
DJQUICKFIT and madbadandold like this.
Old 13-05-19, 11:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJQUICKFIT View Post
I can rule out the battery and Starter as plenty power trying to turn over.
Actually you can't - it could be a "lazy starter". The motor can sound absolutely fine but fail to start the engine. Seen it a lot on the 407 and my own 308 - would bump start immediately but would not start with the starter.

New starter motor sorted it.
DJQUICKFIT and madbadandold like this.

Old 14-05-19, 11:37 PM   #4

Thanks for your replys, My car had been sitting for 8 days, when the problem appeared.
Seems to be working fine now, although i only been a few short journeys but im starting it every couple of days to keep things moving
DJQUICKFIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in