307 2.0 hdi 90 clutch biting point - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By goa127

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-14, 07:53 PM   #1
Inactive User

Default 307 2.0 hdi 90 clutch biting point

Ok so just renewed the clutch on my 307 after it totally failing before xmas. Fingers had snapped on pressure plate and release bearing collapsed? Was a luk clutch that i pulled out and only 90k miles

The question is how far off the floor should be the biting point? Its probably just above an inch at moment..can get all gears ok though.
Brigsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-14, 08:01 PM   #2

mines near the top soon. even with a new luk clutch. it doesnt slip so will see
Old 06-01-14, 10:52 AM   #3
Inactive User

You would expect the pedal to be pretty much halfway. Sometimes a small amout of air can get into the hydraulics when you remove the slave cylinder. I've had it happen on a few that I've done. A quick bleed restores full travel. I liked your comment about only 90k miles. That's 3x what some of my customers have managed!
Brigsy likes this.
goa127 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-14, 12:02 PM   #4
Inactive User

I thought it would usually be about half way. I did lose a little bit of fluid out the slave when box was off. It seems to have self bled itself so i will probably leave it be for now..

The clutch i pulled out looked to be the second one. Im too used to getting 150k out of the original valeo clutches in the xantia hdi's. Think somebody has used the clutch pedal as a footrest on this car lol
Brigsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-14, 12:18 PM   #5
pr1vatepiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigsy View Post
Ok so just renewed the clutch on my 307 after it totally failing before xmas. Fingers had snapped on pressure plate and release bearing collapsed? Was a luk clutch that i pulled out and only 90k miles

The question is how far off the floor should be the biting point? Its probably just above an inch at moment..can get all gears ok though.
Before my clutch went it was very high. After I had a new one fitted, it changed to about an inch.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in