307 2.0 hdi 136 mpg problem! - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By stevoxsi
  • 1 Post By madbadandold

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-18, 02:23 PM   #1

Default 307 2.0 hdi 136 mpg problem!

Hello all,

Just joined this very good informative forum and I hope someone can possibly help me look in the right direction.

I have a 2006 hdi 136, I am living in Spain at the moment but its a UK car.

Last year I had the injectors reconditioned along with the fuel pump. I had Quantum Tuning rep come out and put a DPF delete and upgrade (DPF removed, it is I have seen its gone) the car started to lose mpg down about 10 mpg overall, I put it down to the remap, before I could get him out the turbo blew!

New turbo fitted, this is where my problems have really started, car went down to 30 mpg from 46, got Quantum back in, took off the BHP upgrade, back to standard with the DPF bypass. Gained about 3mpg, car stuttering under 1500 revs. A friend ex RAC had a look and found the intercooler and all pipes full off oil still from the Turbo blowing!!! We took them all off and cleaned them, I replaced the MAP and the other sensor (air?) thats next to it, both black with oil, air and fuel filter change and a new MAF for good luck!

The car now still runs "strange" under 1500 revs, better than before but hesitates sometimes more if I have left it in the blazing sun, the onboard mpg shows down to 15mpg under acceleration or any load, eg hills, the strange bit is on the flat at 70 mph its goes back to its normal 50 plus mpg and runs great, slight hill or more power for overtake, sinks to below 20.

I have spent obviously more than its worth but have so much into it I don't want to get rid.

Any ideas I would be forever grateful

Thanks for looking, all the best

Whitey
whitey852 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-18, 07:08 PM   #2

How many miles on the clock? The intake may be blocked up where the egr valve enters maybe. A blocked exhaust is another possibility I would have thought. A engine has to breath in and out!
madbadandold is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-18, 08:01 PM   #3

Thank you for your reply, 126k ish, I will check its breathing properly. I know the exhaust was full of oil but I thought it was clear as the garage had it standing on its end for 3 or 4 days waiting for the turbo to arrive.

Thanks again

Old 06-09-18, 08:06 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Try a manual check instead of what the computer says. Some remap companies mess with enough settings that it's not as accurate as before. Likewise, the standard map only injects a certain amount of fuel even when your foot is on the floor. Some mappers remove these limits so the car may be overfuelling making the instant mpg figures poor.
Refstar likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have owned: '00 Speedfight2 50cc '96 106 1.5d Escapade '97 306 1.9d D-turbo '99 306 1.9d D-turbo '03 307 2.0hdi 110 Rapier '06 307 2.0hdi 136 XSI '04 Peugeot 206 2.0hdi XSI
stevoxsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-18, 08:10 PM   #5

Thanks will check it, Quantum in the UK had a good rep and they are the only company over here, the Spanish tend to not mess with the ECU! I did think my problems started with the remap. Not reviewed them yet on the internet so keeping my powder dry.
Old 08-09-18, 10:12 AM   #6

Hi all,

Quick update, cool and rain here now since late last night, went out last night under 20 degrees and today 17 degrees, both times short trips, 2 miles max, fuel consumption great when it has been terrible on the same trip!! I have read somewhere else on the forum that the water temperature sensor can cause mpg problems, the temp gauge on both trips showed 0 when normally if its been sat in the hot sun shows about 40 degrees straight away! I think I will fit a new temp sensor to see if that helps as its a cheap fix. Will update when done.
Old 08-09-18, 01:22 PM   #7

How can you calculate your fuel consumption accurately over a 2 mile journey just using your cars fuel gauge? If the gauge moves any distance over that range I would think you had a leak or a inaccurate fuel gauge.
terry57 likes this.
Old 12-09-18, 02:33 PM   #8

Hi all, back again!

Have I found my problem??

Did a 200 mile trip yesterday, mainly motorway driving, achieved an indicated 44 mpg which is the best for some time, the car though felt it was being "held back", as though it wasn't breathing properly.

After a few hours trawling through this fantastic forum I decided to do a few of the elimination tasks talked about by others. Not done the full to full yet madbadandold but will soon.

I removed the clip / wires from the EGR, at least I think that is what I have removed! I followed the silver pipe to the right of the engine to its source at the back, just to the right of the flange I found a clip and removed it.

Started the car, Depollution System Faulty warning came on along with the engine management light, as the car has no DPF and has had it bypassed I decided to take it on my normal Wednesday run of 30 miles on mainly hilly A roads and a bit of motorway.

What a difference! No lumpy feeling on tick over, no rough running under 1800 revs, the car felt "normal". Achieved 45 mpg where for the past 4 weeks I have been getting 33 on the same journey.

I am driving to Alicante tomorrow (2hr Journey) to fly back to UK where I am going to buy EGR blanking plates and I have a friend who I think has a P2000 to bypass the EGR, I think I have read that can be done, I have read so many threads I'm getting lost.

Should I re attach the wires to the EGR or will it run ok as it doesn't have a DPF, don't really want it to go into limp mode and miss my flight!

All feedback and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking

whitey
Old 18-09-18, 10:06 AM   #9
pdg

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbadandold View Post
How can you calculate your fuel consumption accurately over a 2 mile journey just using your cars fuel gauge? If the gauge moves any distance over that range I would think you had a leak or a inaccurate fuel gauge.
The car calculates it...

The trip computer displays instant mpg over 20mph and will display average mpg after about a km following a trip reset.
pdg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 18-09-18, 04:00 PM   #10

I have the system on my Tiguan but for it to be a REAL LIFE figure you need to do a lot more miles than 2 to be able to quote and believe the figures. If you did not then the car makers would be having a field day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in