307 2.0 HDi 110 Clogged DPF - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-11-17, 08:22 PM   #1

Default 307 2.0 HDi 110 Clogged DPF

Right, I'm plucking up the courage to tackle my clogged DPF.

It has been an ongoing issue ever since I've owned the car but previously a good blast down the motorway has cleared the dreaded anti pollution fault message. But now it is stubbornly refusing to shift.

Plugged it into Planet and it is telling me....Engine ECU - permanent fault - particle filter - clogged particle filter. Also particulate emission filter overloaded.

Now am I right in assuming the DPF is just simply clogged up with soot etc? I've been reading up on Google and there seems to be some suggestions that I can remove the DPF and clean it out although the search facility here is strangely quiet on the subject.

I haven't really got the hang of Planet yet so just fumbling around in the dark. In the Engine ECU - service action section I stumbled across the forced regeneration but having watched some youtube videos I chickened out. I found a post by reliable that you can check the regen interval in parameters but I couldn't find it, probably just looking in the wrong section.

I have done the simple things like fuel and air filter replacement just not sure if I should keep tinkering or just bite the bullet and tackle the DPF. There are some cheapy ones on ebay for 110 but the lack of info on the forum is making me cautious.

The car is still reasonably driveable just revs restricted so only hard acceleration such as overtaking in lower gears and boy racer starts from the lights are an issue. If it wasn't for the MOT coming up I probably wouldn't bother.

As always any advice gratefully received.
oily rag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-11-17, 09:34 PM   #2

Cant understand how you can say that 'the search facility here is strangely quiet on the subject'. It has been discussed ad nauseum on the site....
WillNZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22-11-17, 09:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillNZ View Post
Cant understand how you can say that 'the search facility here is strangely quiet on the subject'. It has been discussed ad nauseum on the site....
Well I tried to search under "clogged DPF" and "clean clogged DPF" and a multitude of derivatives and there is absolutely nothing coming up about cleaning. I was rather surprised as there is quite a lot on Google and Youtube.

Could you put up a link to any? Cheers.

Old 23-11-17, 07:38 AM   #4

Remove your DPF wash it out and that will get it driving better but you need to fix THE REASON its clogged in the first pace.

Could be no fluid could be cap sensor could be glowplugs could be the DPF ecu is asleep could simply be the way its used but if you dont fix the cause it will just get clogged again
Old 23-11-17, 12:15 PM   #5

Search "dpf" or "blocked" then filter manually by reading the thread titles.
Old 23-11-17, 02:33 PM   #6

Cheers guys, I ditched the search facility here and tried on Google which lead to a couple of interesting threads from here in 2011.

I'm going to have another go with Planet as I think I understand the DPF parameters a bit better. I'm also interested in checking the sensors to see if they are blocked giving false readings as suggested in those old threads. Also I will explore the cap sensor fault, I've had that but it just seems to suggest checking and cleaning the magnets in the cap? Along with the million and one other things that it could be. I'm assuming things like low fluid and faulty glowplugs would be identified in Planet or is that just wishful thinking?

Interesting that I can just "wash" it out, I keep seeing conflicting advice. Looking at the state of the bolts I'm not sure I will even get it off the car without a fight.
Old 23-11-17, 03:49 PM   #7

It should be held at each end with a round clamp with a single bolt through it you dont have to remove the 4 rusty bolts in the case just wash through the whole thing cat and DPF

Fluid level recorded by planet is just a calculated level based on mileage and use it does not have an actual level sensor so it can be wrong but if it says empty it NEEDS filled and reset

Cap sensor is a reed switch in the filler neck and this switch is what the magnets in the cap work if it does not work the fluid wont be fed into the fuel tank and the DPF will not regenerate.

It sounds complicated but it is a simple system that works well if kept in working order and the vehicle is driven properly.
Old 23-11-17, 04:16 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliable406 View Post
It should be held at each end with a round clamp with a single bolt through it you dont have to remove the 4 rusty bolts in the case just wash through the whole thing cat and DPF

Fluid level recorded by planet is just a calculated level based on mileage and use it does not have an actual level sensor so it can be wrong but if it says empty it NEEDS filled and reset

Cap sensor is a reed switch in the filler neck and this switch is what the magnets in the cap work if it does not work the fluid wont be fed into the fuel tank and the DPF will not regenerate.

It sounds complicated but it is a simple system that works well if kept in working order and the vehicle is driven properly.
Thanks, that's was exactly the sort of thing I wanted to find out. I had assumed you had to split the DPF from the cat to flush it out.

I will keep checking the other things first and hopefully I won't have to tackle the DPF.
Old 23-11-17, 04:23 PM   #9

You WILL have to tackle the DPF as once its clogged it will not regen anyway do this first as it will help the engine breath better while its off clean out and inspect the pressure sensor pipes as these can get blocked too the sensors themselves are usually ok
Old 25-11-17, 02:37 PM   #10

I did mine not to long ago. I had the subframe down so it was easy enough to access the front clamp. Not sure how accessible it is otherwise but lowering the subframe down a little might help.

The back was seized up and needed the clamp tapping around the pipe to free it off and there's a connector for the exhaust gas temp sensor. I took the whole unit to my local petrol station and used the hyper lance jetwash. Remember to always flush in the opposite direction to the exhaust flow. Depending on how blocked it is you might get nothing followed by some black sludge water and then it should eventually run clear and flow better. Mine was almost water tight
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in