307 2.0 110 HDI loss of power - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-18, 05:09 PM   #1

Default 307 2.0 110 HDI loss of power

My 2002 2.0 HDI 307 2.0 seems to be sluggish and lacking some pull. I find myself having to change down an extra gear going up hills. we are off to Cornwall in a couple of weeks with the trailer tent so I need to resolve the issue if possible. I have a Peugeot planet but its the second one I have purchased and failed on me so no available at this time. I have borrowed a Delphi tester and it is telling me I have fault code P0340 crank Cam synchro problem -no Crank shaft signal. I have removed the plug from the Crank shaft sensor and the engine then won't start so I am assuming it must be ok? and the car is seeing something. I have placed a vacuum gauge between the turbo and control solenoid and I am getting a good vacuum that seems to control when I rev the engine. The car is showing no faults related to the engine on the display. I have got the ABS fault up that came up about 10 minutes after I noticed the power issue but I don't think that it is connected. I have recently changed the cam belt and water pump but I checked this several times before reassembly and turning the engine so I don't think it has slipped. On live data the diagnostic tester says the Cam and Crank are synchronised but reading the code it says there not as above. DPF showing as partially loaded I an going to get some cleaner to run through for this.
I must say a while back I lost power when the turbo control solenoid failed but this is no where as bad as that time. and some times it seems to have a bit more go than others

Does any one have any ideas on this issue

Thanks in advance

Peter
peteling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-18, 05:23 PM   #2

Try running it with MAF disconnected
Old 01-07-18, 07:54 PM   #3

OK
Thank you I will try this tomorrow as I have to use it for work. I have been looking at a lot of products on the bay that claim to clean the DPF can you recommend anything for this job?

I will post my results tomorrow night thanks again
Thanks
peter

Old 02-07-18, 06:45 PM   #4

I removed the cable from the MAF and the car is a lot better there is a delay from when you put your foot down to when you feel the power cut in but when it does I think it is better than it has been for a while. I assume I need to replace the MAF unit. But what are the consequences of leaving it disconnected until I can get one ordered?

Thanks again for the advise

Peter
Old 02-07-18, 07:31 PM   #5

Disconnecting the maf also disables the EGR system so its not always the MAF thats the issue it wont do any harm short term to leave as is you should also test the vacuum levels at the turbo as lack of vac can cause issues on these
Old 02-07-18, 07:39 PM   #6

Default Hid loss of power

Mine was the same cleaned Maf sensor been good since
beno1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-18, 07:56 PM   #7

one of my first line investigation routines was to Place a vacuum gauge between the control solenoid and the turbo. FSD on the gauge is 30 In.Hg and it was off scale. When I rev the engine the vacuum dropped. I did this to test the operation of the solenoid and the vacuum pump. what should I be seeing vacuum wise? I will clean up the MAF tomorrow night and see what happens. I have also been looking at products to clean the DPF and EER Valve on the bay but there seems so many and a big variation in price. I know from previous experience of other stuff its not always the most expensive that does the best job. has anyone used any products to clean these parts and if so any recommendations?

Thanks
peter
Old 02-07-18, 08:01 PM   #8

110 EGR valve is a simple system and its easier just to blank it rather than clean it

DPF cleaning products are a waste of money if its really clogged remove it and jetwash it

-30 on vac gauge is good
Old 02-07-18, 08:28 PM   #9

OK thanks will the car go through an MOT with the EGR valve blanked off? I also read that you should have the car remapped if you blank them off, Is this the case. When I got the car about 3 years back I took off the DPF lucky is is one that you can separate it was solid and took me a good 45 minutes with the pressure washer to clean so I don't think its totally blocked but on the Delphi it said the DPF was partially loaded so just wondered if it could do with cleaning. I'm going to have a go at repairing my Peugeot planet dongle over the next few days I think it is a buffer fault so if that is successful I can force a regen if I have the courage, last time I did it I thought the car was going to blow and I had to stop it short as the temperature was getting very high.

Thanks for the help
Peter
Old 02-07-18, 08:48 PM   #10

I NEVER do a forced regen on any engine its not neccessary and on high mile engines can end in tears.

Dpf will clean itself fine if car is driven properly.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in