307 2.0 110 fault codes P0120,P0401,P0340. - Peugeot Forums
Peugeot Forums - Peueot - Citroen Community
Home :: Peugeot Forums :: Rules :: Articles :: About Us :: Partner Vendors :: Advertise

Go Back   Peugeot Forums > Peugeot Models > 307
PeugeotForums.com is the premier Peugeot All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-17, 09:11 PM   #1

Default 307 2.0 110 fault codes P0120,P0401,P0340.

HI,

I recently have bought a 2004 307 2.0 110hd 110000 miles.
The eml light is on and when connected to pp2000 i get 3 codes coming up P0120,P0401,P0340.

I know that the P0120,P0401 are to do with the EGR valve which when i get time i will probably take off and give a good clean although it doesnt look the easiest of jobs access wise.
Or am i better to try using EGR cleaner on it first,i have seen a few videos on youtube of guys doing this and it doesnt sound like the engine likes it very much judging by the rattling and banging it makes when the cleaner is being squirted in,
In the video i watched the guy was just giving it quick short bursts of spray and letting the engine clear itself before squirting in more.
Can this do any damage to the engine?
Im a bit old school and even though its a bigger job am swaying towards taking it apart and cleaning it rather than risk causing any serious damage.

On the code P0340 (cam/crank sync)no cam sensor signal recieved.
The engine starts and runs fine,sounds ok to me too, which confuses me as i always thought if the ECU wasnt getting a cam sensor signal it wouldnt start at all.
Although i havnt had time to check yet but the guy i bought it from said the timing belt was changed about a week before i bought it and showed me the wee sticker on the door panel with the mileage it was changed at,
Is it possible they got the timing wrong when changing the belt to give me this fault code and for the engine to still start and run fine?

Regards Terry
Advertisement

Old 07-08-17, 04:04 PM   #2

Faults can be permanent, or intermitent. It should be stated on them.
Take screenshot/photo of the error list, and open each error (if possible) and screenshot it as well.
daedric is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-17, 06:18 PM   #3

Hi daedric,

Yes the codes were all permanent,i have since cleared them and started the car again after about 30sec ticking over the eml light came on again and this is the codes i got,only 2 this time.

code-list.jpg
p0340.jpg
p0401.jpg

again i am getting the no cam sensor signal fault but when i go in the live data it shows the cam/crank as being syncronised

running-live.jpg

The code P0120 i was getting before but am not getting now was something about butterfly postion,but i didnt really rev the car up this time.

P0120 EGR butterfly postion/consistency with airflow

ENG SPD 835rpm
EGR solenoid OCR 4%
EGR throttle/electrovalve OCR 4%
actual delivery 9mm3/stroke
intake airflow 506mg/impulse

Last edited by terry57; 07-08-17 at 06:26 PM.
terry57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Peugeot Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in